Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Do you remember?  (Read 16220 times)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Do you remember?
« on: May 07, 2010, 03:49:55 pm »
Girls wore knickers and stockings with suspender belts not these ere tights wi no gigglin band?
The gay chap who was the life and soul of the party not a homosexual
When you had to clean the nib to write No biros then
You were always in at 1/4 to 7pm Dick Barton Special Agent)
Deadly silence at 10 past 5 Saturday tea time ( Grimsby 1 Lincoln 2 BOGGER IT)
Go on you have a go ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
Re: Do you remember?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 03:57:51 pm »
I remember ten past five on a friday afternoon was Crack-A-Jack, all villages were void of kids

'Oooh i could crush a grape'

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 09:39:48 pm »
I remember having a bath at 7pm on Sundays so I could listen to the top 20 charts.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 08:27:54 am »
I remember getting my bath and hair washed in time for my Mum to watch "The Forsyte Saga".

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 10:27:01 am »
I remember ten past five on a friday afternoon was Crack-A-Jack, all villages were void of kids

'Oooh i could crush a grape'

Crack a jack was on at five to five

Tiswas ..... the best adult's kids show in history   :D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 01:00:24 pm »
ohhhh Rosemary yet another guaranteed silence bar the TV sound! ??? ::) :D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

spitfire

• Joined Apr 2009
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 08:47:19 pm »
I remember arguing with my sister about what record to put on the turntable and who hadn't put them away in their right sleeves... I remember our favourite dinner was mince with tinned carrots and peas with smash - (oh my mother is cringing as I type!), The scariest film I ever ever saw was Jaws- begged for weeks to stay up to 9 to watch it and managed the first 5 minutes! I remember us getting our first colour tv! and Teletext was the best thing since sliced bread. I also remember our first computer, a zx81 that you ran programmes from cassette tapes- it took 2 hours to load a programme that let you ping a ball across the screen at each other!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 09:12:04 am »
Hey up Spitfire We didn't have one but next doors lad did it was a box and one removed the arial from the TV and pluged this box in and you could play tennis or ping-pong what fun Well it was then ;D :farmer:

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 10:28:20 am »
TV programmes I used to watch as a youngster were. Noggin the Nog and Captain Pugwash leading up to Magpie, How and Follifoot. I even remember Andy Pandy and Teddy going to bed in his basket at the end of the programme! Saturday tea when I was young was a buffet in front of Dr. Who then Morecome and Wise. My mum used to have a bright orange kitchen with purple accessories from the Gas Board which was very posh at the time. My dad always bought Renault 4's when the renault 6 came out we got one and it was like having a sports car!  Ahhh memories.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 01:02:36 pm »
Can you remember the Crystal Palace TV Mast with BBC going round the mast before the News :D :wave:

Annie22

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Hoddles Creek
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 02:36:14 pm »
Yes Wizard now they don't wear knickers :o, BTW I have suspenders healthier for a girl than pantyhose (tights).  You forgot to mention when the horseless carriage first made an appearence.  Oops I better run now. :D

I can remember getting colour TV and getting one of those boxes that played tennis.

The satelite coming down and wondering if it would fall on our house ::) when they walked on the moon and Mum cutting out a module from a cereal packet.

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 03:44:02 pm »
The woman next door ran in and said "It says in colour, but mines still in black and white" she didn't know that you had to buy a colour t.v.!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 07:51:46 pm »
You remember Telstar? ;D ;D :farmer:But not the Tornado's
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 08:06:42 pm by Wizard »

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 09:30:58 pm »
I remember when I were a lad ,( the hovis music plays gently in the background ), that day afta war ...eeeee it were grand....
I remember when I were a lad ,we were so poor , I'd have go to the butcher and buy a sheep's head for stewing ....I had to tell the butcher to leave the eyes in , 'so it ud see us throu't week' ....( the sound of the hovis music still playing , interspersed with the sound of me puking  !!! )  ::)....

ahhh ....those were the days ... ::) ::)
cheers

Russ

Sandy

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 10:00:40 pm »
Those Knickers and suspenders were far tooo uncomfortable...I am allergic to metal and I used to have scabs on my thighs due to the metal allergy!! NIce

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS