Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fright  (Read 2572 times)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Fright
« on: June 06, 2010, 08:18:27 am »
So we have had no appreciable rain in Gy and district for weeks the ground is very dry.Any way I was clocking a few Z's up las night or early this morning and 02:29 I was awoken by a terrific crash.What the hell was that a couple of minutes later I found out.Some sod was out side the bedroom window with a flash gun  taking pictures Wrong again. ??? The bedroom lit up brilliant blue instantly followed by probably the biggest bang I have ever heard.We have had some rain now need I say more? ;D :farmer: :wave:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
Re: Fright
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 09:14:35 am »
Yes Wizard I was watching the lightning over the sea at 2am. It was spectacular but it didn't rain until 6am. Oh boy is it raining

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 11:43:27 am »
It started raining here around 7pm & went off for a bit, then came back with a vengence around 10.

It was bouncing off the road   :o

Didn't hear any thunder claps, but in saying that, i never hear a thing when i'm asleep.

It's nice & cool outside today   ;D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 12:07:49 pm »
We got the storm but no rain.   >:(

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 12:18:40 pm »
No rain here yet either, but it would be bliss if it arrived soon. It's no fun being so heavily pregnant in this heat (I know, I shouldn't moan ;)) and it would save me having to carry buckets of water to my tatties in the raised beds.  8) 8) 8)

Sandy

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 02:09:24 pm »
No rain, I was going to water the garden but can see we may get some soonish and my partner has been covering up his hole ready for the deluge!!!!!

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 02:27:15 pm »
my partner has been covering up his hole ready for the deluge!!!!!

Erm ..... lol   :-[

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 03:26:53 pm »
well we did the two things that guarantee rain here today - decide to mow the orchard and light a barbeque. it chucked it down so we came scuttling in grabbing washing off the line as we went!
sky is now pitch black and the girls are in their paddling pool - oh well, they won't get any wetter!! 
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 05:40:16 pm »
Hello H H We didn't realize you are to have a new baby congratulations from Kath and I Little funny HH Do you no any lass thats had a second hand baby? Every one says did you know so and so is having / got a new baby Good luck XXX
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Sandy

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 08:41:45 pm »
My partner and a guest have been digging a very large pond and now it's ready for the pond liner etc but we are wooried that the rain and the hens and ducks will fill it back in as they are loving the new excavated earth!! Hence, the need to cover his hole!! ::) ::)

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 09:28:51 pm »
We had loads of rain last night.  We had a puddle in the porch so it must have flooded briefly outside the back door.  Half the bridle path, that runs past my house, is now spread across the road at the bottom of the hill and our wheel barrow in the field was almost full of water.

Sadly the downpour stopped just as it was time for me to go to work!  Don't like working at the weekend!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 07:46:20 am »
Here in Gy we had a gentle rain most of Sunday showery all day Thankfully the storm went out to sea and has died

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 06:20:25 pm »
We have had a bit of rain today, but nothing worth talking about.  Ground still rock hard after weeks of dry weather.  It would be nice if it would rain hard during the night, and fine up during the day.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS