Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312474 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #1050 on: February 03, 2018, 11:14:44 pm »
Feeling excited because at long last I can share the news that I am expecting twin grandchildren at the end of July. :excited: :excited: :excited:

Now I can get busy  :spin: :spin:  and  :knit: :knit:

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #1051 on: February 04, 2018, 12:20:34 pm »
Washing my (and the families) clothes, recovering from starting my new job (now officially off JSA  :excited:) and researching meat rabbits and plastic hen houses (solway recycling/durham/greenfrog). Also planning to build my new log store
I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me!

Malcolm Brown

• Joined Jan 2018
« Reply #1052 on: February 04, 2018, 02:31:19 pm »
Pulled up a well laden Brussel sprout stalk.
Sorted out the seed order from D. T. Brown.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1053 on: February 04, 2018, 02:56:18 pm »
starting my new job (now officially off JSA  :excited:)

Well done you  :thumbsup:

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
« Reply #1054 on: February 04, 2018, 05:38:36 pm »
Sitting on a sofa feeling full of a cold and sorry for myself. I have been catching up on computer work though and 2 and a half hours outside so some nice clear beds in the polytunnel.

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

Black Sheep

• Joined Sep 2015
  • Briercliffe
    • Monk Hall Farm
« Reply #1055 on: February 04, 2018, 06:57:13 pm »
Planting new hedgerow. 300 in the ground so far, 250 still to go. Hard work but it will be worth it :-)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1056 on: February 04, 2018, 07:10:13 pm »
Planting new hedgerow. 300 in the ground so far, 250 still to go. Hard work but it will be worth it :-)
In a few years time you will look at them and say to yourself with pride  " I planted them, I made a difference "

Black Sheep

• Joined Sep 2015
  • Briercliffe
    • Monk Hall Farm
« Reply #1057 on: February 05, 2018, 09:31:36 am »
In a few years time you will look at them and say to yourself with pride  " I planted them, I made a difference "

Yes, thanks :-) Really want to be able to look back in future years and say we've made a difference to the land. The hedgerow is one part - we deliberately left a gap between the dry stone wall and new stock fence so that we could plant some more - but increasing the wildflowers in the meadow is also on the list.

Here's the weekend's work - rabbit guards to go on when the company send the other 500 we ordered.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #1058 on: February 06, 2018, 03:54:51 pm »
milking buffalo for bro, barred him from dairy until his eye is better. Making sure all the animals are doing good, had a lot of snowfall today, although its cleared up now :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1059 on: February 12, 2018, 04:02:27 pm »
Dismantled, washed and disinfected the 2 Solway chicken coops , as it was a nice sunny day they dried quickly, put them, back together and new bedding all with a audience of 21  :chook: :chook: :chook: x 7.
Now my knees have given up so now its off to collect the car from its 1st MOT and a service.
Then a nice cup of tea while I dont think of work ( Hols for the week   :) )
Then the feeding of the kids and I'll sit and rest in the pen with them.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1060 on: February 12, 2018, 10:44:02 pm »
I spent most of the day with a friend who had to have her young dog pts after it attacked and tried to kill her other dog and, when stopped, then turned on my friend who has a badly mauled hand. Lucy, the dog who was attacked, went straight into the submission position when she was attacked but Marnie went for her throat and was shaking her. Nothing had triggered the attack. They were all three just about to go upstairs to bed. The blood was sprayed all up the wall as far as light switches but we managed to get it all off.

Both of them were more relaxed by the time I left but my friend's painkillers had worn off and she was finding it very hard to do things with her left hand totally strapped. She has a lot of torn muscle at the base of her fingers and a piece absolutely missing that may need treatment at a later day.

Despite all this, she cried her eyes out after we took the dog to be PTS and kept asking me if she'd done the right thing. This was a much loved and well trained dog who just flipped for no reason. The vet said nothing could be done. It's possible that she was the result of interbreeding and just had a screw lose. It just shows how easily it can happen.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1061 on: February 13, 2018, 06:44:47 pm »
Well its cold and snowing so I unpacked my steam juice extractor and produced a litre of fresh apple juice, brilliant !

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #1062 on: February 16, 2018, 10:06:14 pm »

Alex_

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #1063 on: February 19, 2018, 11:19:36 am »
Dismantled a 6'x8' greenhouse to put on ebay.

I am upgrading to a larger model which I am not looking forward to building

Perris

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Gower
« Reply #1064 on: February 19, 2018, 02:43:08 pm »
passing inspection by EMI and LA food business inspector :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS