Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312517 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #990 on: October 21, 2017, 11:06:04 pm »
Spinning at my local spinning club meeting.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #991 on: October 22, 2017, 03:32:42 pm »
cleaning out animals, feeding, cleaning dairy and having an emotional breakdown :(
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #992 on: October 28, 2017, 09:45:38 pm »
Got another call out this morning ( helps having a girlfriend in the office !!  :innocent: ) film star wages... yeah right ,but not to be sniffed at , once home its been an afternoon of bedding up the pigs and checking them over, then the main event, yes its that time of the year again, fresh batteries in the torches, smoke detectors and the gas and carbon monoxide alarms tested too.
All the outside lights checked and timers reset Ive put the clocks back now and its off to bed “early” and the bonus lie in to come, heaps of pain killers to night and a good rest for the knees,just dont bother calling me tomorrow !
As an aside we havent had rain for 22hrs  :raining:   but I wont hold my breath...

Dont forget your clocks , just try explaining it to your beasties in the morning when they are shouting for breakfast 

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #993 on: November 03, 2017, 07:14:02 pm »
Yeah never forgot the clocks, feel very jet lagged, always the way tbh lol. Just been feeding animals, milking with my brother. Parents been away all afternoon, so I got to relax a bit, read a book and watch a film. Which was good :) been in a bad way this past week :(
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #994 on: November 05, 2017, 02:20:24 pm »
Repairing the pig ark.  >:( >:( >:(

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #995 on: November 05, 2017, 10:42:45 pm »
Sleeping. I've now been diagnosed with fibromyalgia as well as everything else and I overdid things big time on Friday and Saturday. The result being that I slept the clock round, got up, had breakfast and then slept some more.

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
« Reply #996 on: November 07, 2017, 08:21:43 pm »
Topping rushes with a strimmer before the horses are moved onto the winter field.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #997 on: November 07, 2017, 08:51:13 pm »
Topping rushes with a strimmer before the horses are moved onto the winter field.
and hopefully a good frost to make them die down

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #998 on: November 10, 2017, 03:20:35 pm »
Wobbling! I had a fall in the road a few weeks ago and gave my head a good old bang which has resulted in severe vertigo.

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
« Reply #999 on: November 10, 2017, 09:43:29 pm »
I sprayed for a few seasons but it just seemed to knock the rushes back a bit.  Now they're topped regularly and are thinning out considerably.  No more thick clumps that the topper had to chew its way through.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #1000 on: November 17, 2017, 06:27:19 pm »
Wobbling! I had a fall in the road a few weeks ago and gave my head a good old bang which has resulted in severe vertigo.
I'm so sorry to hear that [member=89885]devonlady[/member]  have you seen the dr? Hope you feel better soon!  :hug:

Quite a quiet day today. Managed to sort out a roater for days off, every week each of us has a day off and the rest pick up the slack, today was my elder bro's turn, done him a world of good :) Under sonme pressure as grandfather just had a hip op and is stuck in hospital, so having to prepare for mum and dad going up there next monday :( They wen't up there monday just gone and were away until yesterday. Weather cleared up giving enough opportunity for building cleaning to bring in buffalo, then fed sheep their cake and coaxing the store lambs to start with theirs, they did too like good animals :) They've only known grass lol.
Have a great evening guys! :thumbsup:

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #1001 on: November 17, 2017, 07:46:12 pm »
Cutting, glueing and sticking.  Muggins here is making the stable for the pub nativity set.  At least the glue gun worked and the balsa wood hayrack and ladder to the hayloft have worked.  Just have to work out whereabouts to place the christmas tree inside it - in the hayloft or down with the main characters.

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
« Reply #1002 on: November 17, 2017, 08:44:35 pm »
Delivered coal to cwmmorgan just outside Newcastle-Emlyn then on to Plwmp just above Cardigan.  Back for 12-30 and loaded up again for local deliveries.  finished for 4 o'clock.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1003 on: November 19, 2017, 09:15:19 pm »
Knackered , put the lorry through central reservation Friday night  :'(  truck  damaged , my pride dented and got the shakes . Got out truck to check damage.... no steps they had gone ! I fell and fell to floor dislocating already knackered knee.
Called it in to work and had to wait for the safety team  and recovery mechanic. then the pee of shame in to the cup for the drugs test. take stuff out of cab and taken home. :( :( :( :(.
have just copped doing the animals albeit slowly , but nee rest every so often .
Couple from work came round this afternoon to check on me and help ( company paying them double time ).
Doctor appt made for tomorrow morning , to be signed off, shame I waqs meant to be on Holiday next week,

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1004 on: November 19, 2017, 11:15:13 pm »
On the bright side, RtB, you will still have your holiday to look forward to.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS