Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312521 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #975 on: September 04, 2017, 03:43:22 pm »
Staying indoors, wrapped in a blanket and wishing everything didn't start aching when the weather changes for the worse.

We need a non-like button!   

After the 3 sunny days last week the grey of the last 2 plus dark by 8.15 has kick started the start of my SAD for this year ???? .., struggling to get up and going.
Really sorry to hear this you two. Hope you both feel better soon! Weather has been bad here too and it makes everything so depressing and such. Have you tried 5HTP [member=26580]Backinwellies[/member] ? I used it a few times and it really worked :) Healthspan and natures best do it!

Today I have been spending some of the morning helping prepping gparents, with my parents, for their journey home. The last time we'll see them before gdad's hip op... :/ Just going to tidy the kitchen and then have a longggg sleeeeeppppp. Was up until 1/2 past 1 am this morning, my friend just wouldn't quit talking to me.... ::)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #976 on: September 04, 2017, 06:30:22 pm »
Alternating between.......

Wondering if I should get my head examined!
If I go to the loo, will I have the courage to come back out? (Didn't go, so didn't have to face that one!)
Omg I'm getting paid to do this!
Is it home time yet?

Come going home time I realised I had survived and that the day had passed relatively quickly
And I have to do it all again tomorrow  :o

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #977 on: September 04, 2017, 09:18:06 pm »
Alternating between.......

Wondering if I should get my head examined!
If I go to the loo, will I have the courage to come back out? (Didn't go, so didn't have to face that one!)
Omg I'm getting paid to do this!
Is it home time yet?

Come going home time I realised I had survived and that the day had passed relatively quickly
And I have to do it all again tomorrow  :o
Well done you are doing great! Remember babysteps at first and you will enjoy it :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #978 on: September 04, 2017, 10:56:41 pm »
Staying indoors, wrapped in a blanket and wishing everything didn't start aching when the weather changes for the worse.

We need a non-like button!   

After the 3 sunny days last week the grey of the last 2 plus dark by 8.15 has kick started the start of my SAD for this year ??? ? .., struggling to get up and going. 

A bit of warmth today so feeling considerably better. I think it's worse when we get a lovely warm day followed by a cold, wet one.

Linda, have you used a light box? They are supposed to be very good. I don't get SAD, thank goodness but the raised pain levels tend to make me feeling emotionally low.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #979 on: September 24, 2017, 09:46:28 pm »
Cutting down trees to make a track through the woodland, now suffering knees , tomorrow hopefully will log it all up and Tuesday I have hired an excavator to tidy up and finish the track ( and create as much chaos as possible ) A'rnt holidays at home great ?

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #980 on: September 27, 2017, 08:13:23 pm »
Dig-a-dig-dig-dig     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI0x0KYChq4     just about sums the last couple of days , tomorrow I'll let my body sleep  :relief:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #981 on: September 30, 2017, 05:36:17 pm »
feeding animals in all this horrible weather, raining cats n dogs it is ::) Had to get some metacam for a calf with pneumonia and some AB's from vets. Then cleaned dairy and milking parlour, all sparkling :D Will be getting ram in later as he has got a bad back foot, unusual, so needs looking at. Hope everyone elses day was good :)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #982 on: October 01, 2017, 07:28:33 pm »
Picking Elderberries , theres an awful lot in 1.3 kilos and blackberries, much easier for my fat fingers. Oh and trying to get the back to work head on  :-\

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #983 on: October 01, 2017, 10:49:26 pm »
Eating, drinking wine, playing with my grandson and enjoying the lovely temperatures. Back to England from the South of France tomorrow.  :'(

Still playing with tractors

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Cumbernauld
  • You can never have enough HP
« Reply #984 on: October 13, 2017, 01:35:00 pm »
trying to stay dry  :raining:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #985 on: October 14, 2017, 01:09:11 pm »
Taking the pigs for a walk and inspecting fences ( they're experts y'know )  called into work tho transport high consequence dangerous goods , call out money and overtime  :excited: :excited: :excited:  and it only lunch time

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #986 on: October 14, 2017, 05:32:36 pm »
walking dogs today with mum, first time in a long time I could do that, mainly just let them run around with me when checking our animals. Trying to advertise buffalo for sale, need to work out how many of the older in calf cows we will be selling (decisions, decisions ::) ) Moving 4 younger heifers and bull onto fresh pasture, have to gte building sorted to bring em in tho.... Not much tbh ;)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #987 on: October 15, 2017, 09:20:15 pm »
Dispatching geese , Mrs RTB boning them out, fitting tie down rings to my new transport box, collecting windfalls, bedding up the pigs and playing fetch with them  :)  , paying the bills :(  , counting out the pills for the next week , battening down the hatches in preparation for the expected "stiff breeze", looking forward to work tomorrow for a rest.....

Alex_

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #988 on: October 17, 2017, 03:50:12 pm »
Harvesting Giant achoocha. They went well in lasagne

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #989 on: October 21, 2017, 07:26:17 pm »
At our Goat Club Meeting , with the our goat keepers and goat keepers to be . :goat:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS