Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 331911 times)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #810 on: January 08, 2017, 02:22:10 pm »
cutting the fire wood for 2019

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #811 on: January 08, 2017, 02:40:51 pm »
Milking the buffalo and trying to get in touch with a fellow buffalo keeper to see if she'll buy these two. Muggy day outside, so can't do any mucking out of buildings today. Tried doing the garden yesterday, but my wrist packed in, so it seems unless the lads can do it, it may be game over for gardening this year....  :'(
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #812 on: January 22, 2017, 08:12:21 pm »
resetting the outside light timers , its getting lighter  :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #813 on: January 23, 2017, 12:23:47 pm »
Ah yes [member=136323]Rupert the bear[/member]  it certainly is... the weather here feels like spring, lets hope it doesn't end abruptly ::)
Today I am having to clean up the garden after the puppy who seems to like to crap everywhere >:( (only natural ;D)
Also having to watch one of the new heifers very closely, thinking she may have problems calving, so hawkeyes all the way. Feeding little calves, oldest is only a week old, so that takes quite a bit, but enjoying every minute of it. Now I am going to put out washing for mum, do some tidying up, clean the dairy for my brother in a min, once he has finished milking. and thinking of maybe sorting out some of the gardens and drawing up a plan! :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #814 on: January 23, 2017, 10:19:06 pm »
Mainly crochet today. Too cold for much outside.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #815 on: January 25, 2017, 02:47:21 pm »
"Resting"  :(  I think my head has fallen off, well it feels like it.. 2 days  cant wait to get back to work 

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #816 on: February 18, 2017, 09:47:59 am »
Sitting on airplanes  :wave:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #817 on: February 18, 2017, 01:20:10 pm »
Checking animals. Tending to a ewe with twin lamb :( managed to get to Aber farmers market and catching up with friends :) must clean out calves later.

BrimwoodFarm

• Joined May 2016
    • Brimwood Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #818 on: February 18, 2017, 06:07:07 pm »
Cleaning! T'was rather springlike today, so I took the opportunity to pull all the equipment out from the mouse-infested shed, soak it in bleach and give it a thorough clean. Cleaned shed top to bottom whilst things soaked, and sorted out the roosters' overnight crates too so they have a little more comfort (I'm urban so I have to shut the boys away in a blackout crate overnight so stop early crowing).

Also cleaned out a couple of brooders in preparation for the chicks; eggs are in the incubator at the moment.

So now, clean and winkled hands!

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #819 on: February 18, 2017, 06:25:09 pm »
Spinning and chatting. It was a Guild skill share day.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #820 on: February 19, 2017, 10:09:03 pm »
Watching the swallows starting to make nests a little rain and they're busy looking for materials, And singing
Edited to add it's the swallows that are singing. ,not me..
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 09:10:17 am by Rupert the bear »

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #821 on: February 19, 2017, 10:53:52 pm »
been an extremely weird day today, I can't fathom it...  ??? Had a meltdown talking to my brother long distance, had to come way as I worked myself up into a bit of a state :,(  it was literally nothing. managed to sell the 2 pet lambs I have been rearing this past week. Yesterday had to have a ewe put down who had twin lamb, as she was dying anyway, there was no helping her sadly, we did dose her accordingly with twin lamb drench but it never did anything even when we kept her hydrated and fed liquids :(  Then to cop it all off this evening I had the most weird prank text messages from a weirdo who I have no idea who it is..... I think am gonna have to have more sleep, my heads not in the game atm and I think I am gradually going mad :o

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #822 on: February 20, 2017, 11:19:36 am »
Watching the swallows starting to make nests a little rain and they're busy looking for materials, And singing
[/quote
Cor,  they're early aren't they?  Whereabouts are you RB?

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #823 on: February 20, 2017, 11:56:43 am »
Wow! Swallows????!!!!!!!!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #824 on: February 20, 2017, 06:12:59 pm »
[/quote
Cor,  they're early aren't they?  Whereabouts are you RB?
Usual time here in Lanzerote :wave:

Today I have been goatherding except they made their own way back to the dairy I came in 279th 10 minutes later.
I was told that since my last visit in June the Somalian goat herd collapsed and died out with the goats.they all went back to the dairy at midday apart from 2 that stayed behind and made lots of noise,but too late for him sadly

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS