Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 331980 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #765 on: October 09, 2016, 10:04:12 pm »
Rushing round like a mad thing getting ready for tomorrow when we jet off to south France for lots of cuddles with our youngest grandson (aged one last week).  :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #766 on: October 09, 2016, 10:20:33 pm »
Rushing round like a mad thing getting ready for tomorrow when we jet off to south France for lots of cuddles with our youngest grandson (aged one last week).  :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:
Hope you have a lovely time! :) been looking after younger brother with mild brongheitis (I think) but he seems to be getting a little better, been a particularly bad cold for him. Been really busy today seeing my brother and niece off and of course milking twice today, although evening milking was shorter cause my bro and dad took over towards the middle. Mostly feeding calves hay,cake and water for the day/night and about to go out and feed calf now. Not been able to move very comfortably, mild sciatica again usually strikes during cold weather/doing too much movement and bending/lifting. Gnight guys! :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 10:23:12 pm by waterbuffalofarmer »
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #767 on: October 10, 2016, 03:04:58 pm »
Wondering how I am going to catch the big wild white welsh ram that has turned up in our field when I get home tonight ....

Luckily my black ewes are pretty racist and are keeping their distance ... for now...

Typical, just when I decide to take a year off lambing too! Tsk.

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #768 on: October 10, 2016, 08:30:00 pm »
Enjoying my birthday day out with my fab OH.  :excited:
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #769 on: October 11, 2016, 10:06:00 pm »
Walking around the house in France with my year old grandson, Manu, who has forgotten that last week he walked three steps unaided, and insists he needs help.

Jullienne

• Joined Apr 2016
« Reply #770 on: October 12, 2016, 03:14:53 pm »
going to be sorting out sheep and moving to new pasture before ram goes in with them.... Hoping for a good crop of lambs next spring :excited:
boast not yourself of tomorrow; for you know not what a day may bring forth. Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips. proverbs 27 verses 1-2.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #771 on: October 12, 2016, 10:00:44 pm »
dying in bed with the flo just 2 weeks after the flu jab , my head feels like it wants to explode, I cant speak and I dont know if I'm hoy or clod. got up for a shower now going back to bed, and that goes round and round and round.
Needless to say I wont be driving my truck again to morrow , must be man flu then.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #772 on: October 13, 2016, 01:31:37 pm »
dying in bed with the flo just 2 weeks after the flu jab , my head feels like it wants to explode, I cant speak and I dont know if I'm hoy or clod. got up for a shower now going back to bed, and that goes round and round and round.
Needless to say I wont be driving my truck again to morrow , must be man flu then.
Sorry to hear about that! Try and get as much rest as possible and don't think of stirring out of bed until you feel at least 95% :)
Not been doing too much today, apart from feeding calves, they being housed now, milking (and feeling exhausted and chesty too, I have a nasty feeling about this.....) Seeing my grandparents off home and helping around the house. Now just sitting at the computer resting for a bit with my Thorntons choc covered toffees and nice cool drink and well the rest is history..... ;D
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #773 on: October 13, 2016, 02:49:13 pm »
Getting wet.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #774 on: October 13, 2016, 09:26:52 pm »
still dying , work rings t se if i am going in tomorrow !!  :-\

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #775 on: October 14, 2016, 07:04:33 pm »
Not doing much today, had to finish milking early as I was feeling terrible (death warmed up) fed calves after which chest was on fire, took paracetemol felt fine and had a nice long drink. Managed to rest away today and this evening feeling real bad/sick and shivery and cold. Thinking I can't start milking tonight as I may end up throwing up and having a coughing fit. Thankfully bro who had Pneumonia last month is fine to do the jobs alongside mum and dad, I think I may be in for either mild flu or brongheitis. Only the morning will tell. Gnight guys!  :unwell: :tired:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #776 on: October 14, 2016, 07:28:25 pm »
regretting going back to work, going back to bed

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #777 on: October 18, 2016, 09:57:59 pm »
Autumn shearing and sorting culls for market tomorrow  :fc: they get a good price

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #778 on: October 20, 2016, 10:01:26 am »
Trying to be able to breathe properly in between heavy coughing, so far terribly difficult (at least it feels that way). Otherwise a normal day in bed binge watching bbc iplayer, cause now I can because dad bought us a TV License, I had almost given up hope. ::) :roflanim:

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #779 on: October 20, 2016, 10:10:21 am »
Plenty of hot drinks WBF, breathing in the steam. Get well soon, your buffs need you!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS