Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312492 times)

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #735 on: September 12, 2016, 07:49:21 am »
I had a pony photo shoot by a friend.  I am selling a lot of equipment to raise funds and my showing gear includes stallion show harness which is hard to find and unlikely to be used again as my lad is 15 and I am unlikely to have another.  But I wanted pics of him in it and after several years he was angelic bless him, if not easy to get that perfect shot!  Still, had some decent ones plus the broodie sisters and some of the old dears and babies so very happy.  Will be adding to the Facebook page when they come.

But then I had a mum and daughter visit about animal care when I work away, she worked for my vets and has a loan horse so knows what she is about and lovely too so another field tour and while we were there next door started combining and I got some great pose shots on my phone as they stared at it!

The only unsuccessful bit was the buyer of my youngest pullets didn't manage pickup but he had been selling tups Friday and they needed all hands in the harvesting when the weather improved.  He is doing a deal off my hay bill so no problem but I could do with the space for others!
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #736 on: September 17, 2016, 07:31:18 pm »
 recovering the broken chimney rods with brush head still attached.
The brush and 4 sections broke off in the middle of the lumb . I had to get another set of rods and use the drain cork screw to “capture” the offending bits . I was not amused.   

And the moral of this episode is ,
             if you intend to thrust your rod up a tight black and mucky hole be sure that your equipment is not old and suffering from fatigue and if it gets stuck pull out gently and not give a forceful tug.........        :innocent:

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #737 on: September 17, 2016, 08:21:33 pm »
Pullets went today and POLs also going this week which brings a nice bit of cash in just as the mechanic will be needing it to fix a back indicator light smashed by someone that thinks parking near a 4x4 means you can bounce off them til you get it right..

Also been at my first day of training in Remedial & Sports Massage, full on theory and practical focus on knees today.  Fascinating stuff and great techniques to use in my practice - but my head is very full and hurts a wee bit from pushing so much info in so fast.  Hip joints tomorrow, early night beckons I think as they're even more complicated!
Ellie Douglas Therapist

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #738 on: September 17, 2016, 09:17:13 pm »
Talking on the 'phone to a dear lady whose car I dinked in the vets car park. I truly just scraped her rear wheel arch. I was advised to just go and leave it but I couldn't do that so left my details under the wind screen wipers.
It turned out that her insurance company had written her car off!!!! gave her £900 for it then sold it back to her for the same amount. So,of course she has to pay for repairs (but I will) and has lost her many years no claims bonus. Is that fair when the poor dear wasn't near her car at the time. This has made me very angry!!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #739 on: September 18, 2016, 08:44:48 pm »
putting tablets in to the little boxes with compartments for morning and evening , so I wont forget them ,but I still manage to sometimes  must remember not to lick my fingers now ......

taken an hour to do 28 days worth  252 of the blighters , wont be counting sheep to get to sleep tonight !

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #740 on: September 19, 2016, 11:47:45 am »
Got up really early this morn to go with dad to builth wells ram sale, picked up our new ram there, what a beauty he is too! The guy was really lovely and wished me all the best with him, I said I would let him know how we get on with him :) He is absoloutely stunning! I will try and post some pics a bit later. Otherwise the day is pretty normal. One thing to report is my brother has gone back to milking the buffalo now, he is so much better and has completely recovered, however we all take it in turns to milk and help each other to milk them too.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #741 on: September 19, 2016, 03:35:25 pm »
Warping up my Inkle loom and swearing as I ran out of red thread with three more rounds of it to go.  I will have to wait for Yarndale on Saturday before I can get any more.

TheGirlsMum

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #742 on: September 19, 2016, 08:40:38 pm »
I have an inkle loom, yet to be used, what thread do you use on it?

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #743 on: September 19, 2016, 09:49:07 pm »
I am using a 3 x 2 1/16 cotton at the moment.

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #744 on: September 20, 2016, 06:19:15 pm »
Farrier this morning to trim 9 ponies' feet, mechanic at lunchtime to replace the bashed rear light and a dead front bulb, dentist in the afternoon (tells me I need a filling in 2 weeks and now have to pay fees cos the system changed again and not in favour of those without kids or benefit claims!). 

In between I was mucking out all the coops, slashing weeds in the orchard and nettles in the front paddock.  Having sold 12 pullets on Saturday the 10 POLs went last night which means more time and space but still got to deep clean their coops and set up for the new Welsummers coming next week along with more chicks. 

Also got 2 loads washing out and dry on the line which is becoming rarer these days, but my hands are done for just now, barely clutching a cup of tea and thinking longingly of the days I would shove oven chips in for tea rather than try and cook from scratch.  Might eat a few more plums off the tree and call that tea, they'll be falling off soon so need assistance I say!
Ellie Douglas Therapist

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #745 on: September 21, 2016, 02:08:52 pm »
Farrier this morning to trim 9 ponies' feet, mechanic at lunchtime to replace the bashed rear light and a dead front bulb, dentist in the afternoon (tells me I need a filling in 2 weeks and now have to pay fees cos the system changed again and not in favour of those without kids or benefit claims!). 

In between I was mucking out all the coops, slashing weeds in the orchard and nettles in the front paddock.  Having sold 12 pullets on Saturday the 10 POLs went last night which means more time and space but still got to deep clean their coops and set up for the new Welsummers coming next week along with more chicks. 

Also got 2 loads washing out and dry on the line which is becoming rarer these days, but my hands are done for just now, barely clutching a cup of tea and thinking longingly of the days I would shove oven chips in for tea rather than try and cook from scratch.  Might eat a few more plums off the tree and call that tea, they'll be falling off soon so need assistance I say!
You have been a busy bee, hats off to you [member=6264]ellied[/member] have a good rest and TC!
Today its been milking, cleaning house, for family coming to stay, getting gardens sorted and calves fed. My brother is moving bales so that is one less job for us all to worry about. In the meantime lovely day, except for a small spot of rain, never seems to quite fall proper though  ??? If I have the time I will be cleaning out the hens a bit later. Busy days ahead, but happy! Have a nice week all, WBF out!  ;D
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Alex_

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #746 on: September 22, 2016, 02:49:19 pm »
Almost finished the duckponics system. Just have to plumb a few more bits of pipe and add some clay pebbles....oh and get the ducks

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #747 on: September 22, 2016, 03:08:33 pm »
arranging to try and buy a welsh sheepdog pup off a friend in Oct, still early days yet need to get the money first! ::)
cleaning the house and sorting out a ram lamb with maggots. Getting sheep in later and dosing them and checking em over before moving them. This weather!!!!! :rant: TRying to get disco sorted for MOT, which I know it will fail :( and cleaning the garden and chucking out dead plants. Oh I forgot one..... cleaning out hens and moving them :) Happy days  :-\

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #748 on: September 27, 2016, 09:11:34 pm »
waiting for the internet to be fixed , engineer says best is 0.28mbps down  and 0.2 mbps up ,I am not happy and every one else round hereis suffering the same >:(   on the upside online spending sharply decreased  :excited:

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #749 on: September 29, 2016, 10:39:00 am »
Searching for errant sheep in a field of maze, very scary!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS