Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 331947 times)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #645 on: May 14, 2016, 07:20:10 pm »
Replaced all the worn steering components on my 1968 tractor with brand new genuine parts form the dealer !
Should have taken an hour or so but got comfy under the tractor and watched the swallows. I can now drive the tractor in a straight line again. :thumbsup:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #646 on: May 14, 2016, 08:58:05 pm »
recovering from last nights ordeal and drinking plenty, feeling so weak. On the plus side the guy has turned up to get rid of the gorse from the slopes, so theyre looking really nice now.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #647 on: May 14, 2016, 09:43:55 pm »
recovering from last nights ordeal and drinking plenty, feeling so weak. On the plus side the guy has turned up to get rid of the gorse from the slopes, so theyre looking really nice now.

Rest if you can , that is water / tea you're drinking plenty of ?? :innocent:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #648 on: May 14, 2016, 10:41:40 pm »
water mostly, no milk products at al but loads of water and lemon barley water which mum made herself. :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #649 on: May 15, 2016, 01:07:51 am »
Busy with crafts, sitting in the sun and chatting to my friend. Not much I could do in the veg plot today.

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
« Reply #650 on: May 15, 2016, 01:42:18 pm »
Giving the chicken house a good seeing to and sorting out some wines!

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #651 on: May 16, 2016, 05:47:07 pm »
Recovering from 2 days of 10 hour orthopedic massage training and some lengthy commuting by car/train/foot including getting lost in Stockbridge on Saturday evening!  And by recovering I mean chores, spin class, yoga class, some bodyweight exercise, and an afternoon weeding, scrubbing and refilling water for the broodies (and stallion) field, planting a few more seeds and mass watering morning and evening..  Oh and a couple loads of washing that got out on the line meantime.

It's good to get a really good pottering day in the garden before the weeds become a complete jungle - bound to happen tho as I never keep caught up nowadays!
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #652 on: May 16, 2016, 06:05:43 pm »
Recovering from 2 days of 10 hour orthopedic massage training and some lengthy commuting by car/train/foot including getting lost in Stockbridge on Saturday evening!  And by recovering I mean chores, spin class, yoga class, some bodyweight exercise, and an afternoon weeding, scrubbing and refilling water for the broodies (and stallion) field, planting a few more seeds and mass watering morning and evening..  Oh and a couple loads of washing that got out on the line meantime.

It's good to get a really good pottering day in the garden before the weeds become a complete jungle - bound to happen tho as I never keep caught up nowadays!
Reading that made me really tired :roflanim: Sounds good, really what i should be doing atm :( Today i have been trying to do a bit of cooking for the lads whilst parents are away shopping and playing with the dogs, really tired now, just want to sleep.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #653 on: June 05, 2016, 07:35:57 pm »
Spent the day out in the sun shirt off ( had to keep moving as the swallows are looking for nesting material ! )  sorting the old bales for disposal , generally wandering about and thinking about holiday packing.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #654 on: June 05, 2016, 10:00:20 pm »
Trying to answer questions about animals for sale to timewasters  :rant:  fixing a prolapsed animal and trying to arrange plans for this week, may have to go up north to help take care of my sick Gma in a day or so, it really depends whether my family up there are coping. Also having to arrange work timetables on farm for when Dad goes for his consultation in London about his heart, he will be away 2 days in total. Shearers are booked for end of this week and a building to clean ready into the bargain and sheep to dose and dag. Also  have a buffalo booked in for slaughter and trying to arrange a time for contractors to cut for hay. When will it all end?! Alas no rest for me! :tired:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #655 on: June 05, 2016, 11:19:21 pm »
And in your spare time, WBF?   :roflanim:

I seem to have spent a very long time this evening watering all my veggie plants.

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
« Reply #656 on: June 06, 2016, 12:33:32 am »
Mowing grass around some trees we planted in Feb and putting some cardboard mulch down (we fenced them off from the geese but left the grass, it was nearly as tall as the trees!).  :-[

Also digging out the previous owner's compost heap and getting annoyed at all the bits of plastic, plant pots and string they threw in  :rant:

Oh and taking the parentals out to a local gastropub  :thumbsup:

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #657 on: June 06, 2016, 01:00:59 pm »
Trying to feed calves and support me bro milking, it is so hot and i am having to contend with a bruised hip and bruised lumpy wrist. Last night I fell down the last 3 steps of the stairs, serves me right for running, I slipped on the floor wacked my arm onto a brushing pan and broke it, the brushing pan not the arm! slightly, no cuts on my arm surprisingly. Wacked my hip and backside on the floor and cut my foot a bit deeply, so there I was 1/2 past 1 am with a cold wet facecloth wrapped around my arm and witch hazel all over, managed to get to sleep and woke at 5 with horrible sharp abdominal pains, could hardly move, had to put a hot water bottle on and then sleep and they went away. Then just now I have had some bad news, my Gma went to her GP and apparently she has developed a sort of syndrome from the shingles she had? and has been reffered to a hospital, so it looks as if I will be going up there after all to see her, other family will be there too so we will all muck in and help, now I just have to arrange stuff on farm.  :tired:  Never a dull moment here :roflanim:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:03:46 pm by waterbuffalofarmer »

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #658 on: June 10, 2016, 11:33:06 am »
your'e going to hate this....  Packing my bags for my holiday in the sun, I feel guilty having to leave Mrs RTB behind to look after the place (  really I do  )

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #659 on: June 10, 2016, 12:53:07 pm »
Working on my core strength as two boisterous teenage goats dragged me down the lane to their new field.  The postie stopped to watch and have a laugh  ::)
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS