Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 331994 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #510 on: October 28, 2015, 04:43:33 pm »
Hope it all goes well for you foobar, all the best  :thumbsup: and let us know how you get on? I've been cleaning out buildings, something I've been trying to do for ages but couldn't, due to fencing and calving. Now listening to grieg whilst doing my accounts :(
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #511 on: October 28, 2015, 04:53:31 pm »
Trekking into Aberdeen to see the consultant about my hand. Now I only have to wait another 3 months to get a steroid injection and then wait to see what they might do after that  ::)
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #512 on: October 28, 2015, 05:12:01 pm »
Hope it all goes well for you foobar, all the best  :thumbsup: and let us know how you get on?
Thank you, I will.  You will be able to hear the cheers from up your way I'm sure if it all goes well!! :D

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #513 on: November 01, 2015, 04:41:19 pm »
Did the weeks messages this morning, came home & put it all away (while listening to the archers omnibus), put washing on, made soup, hung washing out, processed my cooking apples for the freezer, made bread, bagged up 15 black bags of leaves for leaf mould (don't have an area for a leaf bin at the moment), cleaned out the stove and got a new fire going in it, made a cuppy and I'm enjoying it at the moment while I'm on here  :excited:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #514 on: November 02, 2015, 06:31:51 pm »
had a day off, weathers been gorgeous  and spent some time with family
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #515 on: November 02, 2015, 09:52:15 pm »
Trying to figure out which vaccination gun to buy  ??? .
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Justin

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Devon
« Reply #516 on: November 04, 2015, 12:01:14 am »
very grateful to my neighbour for bringing his tractor and post banger round and spending half the day helping get 250m of stock fencing posts in place. Would have taken ages with a sledgehammer.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #517 on: November 04, 2015, 07:15:50 pm »
lying down perfectly still for hours and hours , starving having fasted from 6am and then disappointed to find the radioactivity didn't give me superhuman powers , maybe I'll try truck driving tomorrow ...

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #518 on: November 04, 2015, 08:40:05 pm »
Bottlefeeding a newborn calf, he is gorgeous. I'll try and take pics of them all to post, can't seem to remeber where my camera is though :thinking:

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #519 on: November 04, 2015, 08:47:27 pm »
lying down perfectly still for hours and hours , starving having fasted from 6am and then disappointed to find the radioactivity didn't give me superhuman powers , maybe I'll try truck driving tomorrow ...

At least you won't have to don a pair of tights and a cape  ;D
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #520 on: November 05, 2015, 05:37:33 am »

At least you won't have to don a pair of tights and a cape  ;D
#

Oh I dont know  ;) , been sick all night, hot cold,hot cold ,at least wonder woman is looking after me !

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #521 on: November 05, 2015, 03:08:10 pm »
Waiting for an hour at the vets whilst he looks up what I mean by "CODD in my sheep" and finds a suitable antibiotic for me ... at an extortionate price ... :(

Cosmore

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Dorset
« Reply #522 on: November 05, 2015, 03:21:02 pm »
Watching the forecasted heavy slow moving rain - moving very slowly and saturating everywhere with temperatures around 16c, oh for some frost!

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #523 on: November 07, 2015, 05:48:54 pm »
Swinging a chainsaw about 20 feet above the ground and feeling very manly

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #524 on: November 07, 2015, 08:28:16 pm »
Swinging a chainsaw about 20 feet above the ground and feeling very manly

Lumberjack Eh?   ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS