Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 331863 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #420 on: September 17, 2015, 10:33:45 pm »
spending a really lovely day at the Lleyn ram sale in Carms, I never bought anything though. Then back home and feeding calves, tidying house in preperation for when my extended family come to stay on Monday. No time for relaxing this week :tired:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #421 on: September 19, 2015, 09:36:11 pm »
Cleaning out hen houses and worming lambs!
Anne

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #422 on: September 20, 2015, 10:33:39 pm »
tending to a loyal and faithful family servant,  a new timer and elements for our 1960's Duralit 6 slice toaster, its the least I could do.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #423 on: September 22, 2015, 03:01:17 am »
at 03;00 hrs (now) I finished the roof ,its dark,cold and tipping down with rain but I finished the roof. :thumbsup:

Time for a nap !

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #424 on: September 22, 2015, 10:22:26 am »
I'm glad you're down off that roof!! Have a day or two off now.

smhowie

• Joined May 2014
  • irvine, ayrshire, scotland
« Reply #425 on: September 22, 2015, 10:25:00 am »
fixing boiler agh

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #426 on: September 22, 2015, 11:55:56 am »
Spending  time with extended family, I haven't seen in two years.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

SophieYorkshire

• Joined Sep 2015
« Reply #427 on: September 22, 2015, 01:06:08 pm »
Keeping an eye on some gilts having their first babies  :pig: :love:

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #428 on: September 22, 2015, 01:28:01 pm »
Being pathetic and crying - I bust my hand and wrist at christmas time and OH is away at the moment so I'm having to do everything and it hurts like f*** (please excuse the language)
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #429 on: September 22, 2015, 01:29:58 pm »
 :hug:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #430 on: September 22, 2015, 01:59:34 pm »
Being pathetic and crying - I bust my hand and wrist at christmas time and OH is away at the moment so I'm having to do everything and it hurts like f*** (please excuse the language)

Oh no.  Surely it shouldn't still hurt that much?  What do the medics say?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #431 on: September 22, 2015, 03:26:32 pm »
I'm glad you're down off that roof!! Have a day or two off now.
Hush your mouth devonlady, smallholders dont have days off .....Anyway;
 Up at 7am milked the girls ,took Mrs RTB's car for MOT at 8:30 woke up at 09:15 as it had passed  :thumbsup:
been on auto-pilot since.
I have another roof to do :-\ , sometime.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #432 on: September 22, 2015, 03:28:25 pm »
Well the joys of the NHS I had to wait until 4 th July to see the consultant, then wait 6 weeks for a MRI and I don't get my results until the end of October. Consultant suggested either a fracture of the wrist that they missed on my first x rays or possibly wrecked ligaments. My osteopath thinks that it is a displaced scaphoid fracture where the detached part had gone necrotic. I'm just so fed up of being in pain and unable to do normal stuff for 9 months.
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Cosmore

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Dorset
« Reply #433 on: September 22, 2015, 03:43:51 pm »
I had a scaphoid experimental replacement (by inserting a plastic 'bead') done on my right wrist at the same time as the carpel tunnel op, after healing it was the first time in years no pain - now if only they could cure the arthritis it would be perfect........lol!

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #434 on: September 23, 2015, 12:49:53 pm »
. . . . . making more chutney.

notes to self. . . ask the man in the red suit for a sharp knife for chopping onions ( nine years of using blunt knives
                         is nine years too long   :thinking:   )                           

. . . don't make chutney when OH has day off   :innocent:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 03:27:39 pm by cans »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS