Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 331981 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #390 on: September 06, 2015, 08:41:51 am »
Hi oaktreefarmandy and welcome to the forum. Today I have been mainly bringing in all the lambs for looking over, as they're all going to mart tomoz. All the males that is.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Cosmore

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Dorset
« Reply #391 on: September 06, 2015, 04:29:21 pm »
Finally had the weather  :sunshine: to do the spraying of weedkiller on the forest of weeds that thrived in the August rains!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #392 on: September 06, 2015, 05:41:36 pm »
checking the outside lighting

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #393 on: September 06, 2015, 06:13:15 pm »
Tour of Britain - Tour of British Fleece

For me, today was Balwen.  New to me, softer than expected.  It'll join the Badgerfaced (both) and Jacob (grey) in the 'for weaving a cloth to make a bag' collection.

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #394 on: September 06, 2015, 07:49:22 pm »
mowing all my grass(half acre), cleaned the duck run, hosed down the hen and duck pens, hosed down the tarpaulins, walked the dogs  :excited: :thumbsup: , weeded, redded oot my strawberry bed (an old stainless steel commercial sink)and run away from little white beasties and a mountain of ants  :-[ :-[ (Strawbs were useless this year - probably because of the beasties  ??? ), done three wash loads, hung out one, tumbled the other two, fed the dogs, cleared out the email contacts list for our dog club, put casserole steak in the slow cooker for my tea, and am aboot tae eat it with the home grown cauliflower i picked this morning. Then I think I'll veg in front of the TV!  :relief:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #395 on: September 06, 2015, 08:39:02 pm »
mowing all my grass(half acre), cleaned the duck run, hosed down the hen and duck pens, hosed down the tarpaulins, walked the dogs  :excited: :thumbsup: , weeded, redded oot my strawberry bed (an old stainless steel commercial sink)and run away from little white beasties and a mountain of ants  :-[ :-[ (Strawbs were useless this year - probably because of the beasties  ??? ), done three wash loads, hung out one, tumbled the other two, fed the dogs, cleared out the email contacts list for our dog club, put casserole steak in the slow cooker for my tea, and am aboot tae eat it with the home grown cauliflower i picked this morning. Then I think I'll veg in front of the TV!  :relief:
............ and relax   

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #396 on: September 06, 2015, 08:54:31 pm »
...enjoying an absolutely stunning day of weather (:sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine:), weeded a couple of flower beds, put edging around a new flower bed, treated a companion bench with teak oil, 3 loads of washing done too but all hung out to dry (no tumble drier here Doganjo  ;D), planted some newly bought perennials, shopping done for the week and I managed to have haddock and scrambled eggs while listening to the Archers omnibus  :excited:

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #397 on: September 06, 2015, 09:35:36 pm »
Doing this on Loch Lomond!

Because sometimes I just need to get away from all the jobs on the smallholding and hang loose for a weekend ;D
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #398 on: September 06, 2015, 09:55:30 pm »
sorted out lambs for the mart, my stomachs in a twist as I have no choice but to sell them at this time of year :'(  then checked the 2 newborns ( buffalo calves) with their mothers :love: Am now just relaxing and watching a film with my best pal.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #399 on: September 10, 2015, 07:20:56 pm »
Frightening my superiors with my Chinese language skills....     

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D and breath  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
(One of our clients is a Chinese oil major, another is a Spanish one ( a double whammy ! ), and me ,just the wobbly old truck driver in the slow lane , excuse me now  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D )

Deere

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Peak District
« Reply #400 on: September 10, 2015, 08:32:08 pm »
Collecting four pedigree Ryeland shearling ewes to add to my flock and now packing for a long weekend camping up in Robin Hoods Bay!
Pedigree Ryelands, Charolais cross Mules

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #401 on: September 10, 2015, 10:12:56 pm »
Listening to foxes calling to each other.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #402 on: September 10, 2015, 11:01:51 pm »
Frightening my superiors with my Chinese language skills....     

Every so often I order Chinese beer in Mandarin in our local Chinese buffet.  They never understand.  Sigh.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #403 on: September 10, 2015, 11:08:46 pm »
Catching up on my forensics course on Future Learn

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #404 on: September 11, 2015, 12:14:13 am »
Spinning, outside in the morning, with pals, as the Tour of Britain passed through the village.

A good day  :excited:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS