Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312465 times)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #360 on: August 29, 2015, 08:01:06 pm »
went to Aberdeen , its manic at street level. Trying to bimble through the payday weekend crowds was a nightmare, soon as my appointment was over straight on the bus home  :relief: back to the serenity of home ( and  "the" roof )

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #361 on: August 29, 2015, 08:30:23 pm »
Spreading muck, weighing lambs

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #362 on: August 29, 2015, 10:09:02 pm »
Milking a heifer which calved yesterday, and sharpening hedge clippers. Not much is it? At least yesterday I sorted out my flock of sheep, examining them all closely for their weekly checkup.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Caroline1

• Joined Nov 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #363 on: August 30, 2015, 07:15:40 pm »
...feeling like I am a proper smallholder!

Have been harvesting my veg patch, pickling and preserving and making varies foods to use up courgettes. Cuddling my goats and mucking out various animals  :thumbsup:

Now snuggled on the sofa with the dogs  :relief:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 07:17:11 pm by Caroline1 »
________
Caroline

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #364 on: August 30, 2015, 07:44:49 pm »
warping, sleying, threading & beaming  :excited:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #365 on: August 30, 2015, 08:32:01 pm »
Watching my granddaughter do her first x country  :hshoe: :horse:
Anne

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #366 on: August 30, 2015, 09:53:40 pm »
Watching my granddaughter do her first x country  :hshoe: :horse:

Did she do well ? I bet you were proud of her regardless

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #367 on: August 31, 2015, 12:18:24 am »
Recovering from having my mum to stay for two weeks.  :roflanim:  Not that she was any trouble but she wanted to go out every day, my car is off the road and I can't get my wheelchair in the courtesy car so it meant buses. I'm exhausted. She's only 85 so has more stamina than me.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #368 on: August 31, 2015, 07:10:05 am »
Sorting out the garden and finishing off loads of letters, glad that's all done. :relief:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

TheGirlsMum

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #369 on: August 31, 2015, 07:47:48 am »
Repairing netting with baler twine, as you do.

Cosmore

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Dorset
« Reply #370 on: August 31, 2015, 11:09:04 am »
Digging a drainage channel in continuing torrential rain  :gloomy: to allow the overfull pigs wallow to drain off - it had become a lake! :raining: .

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #371 on: August 31, 2015, 11:01:34 pm »
Trying not to scratch. It turns out the reason I was feeling so exhausted wasn't due to my mum but was because I have shingles. Ouchy ouch ouch.  :unwell:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #372 on: September 01, 2015, 07:26:03 am »
Oh MGM am sorry to hear about that. When my mum had shingles a few years ago she went to the Drs and he prescribed a cream, from the pharmacy, which dries it out and helps it to go quicker.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #373 on: September 01, 2015, 10:06:22 am »
Trying not to scratch. It turns out the reason I was feeling so exhausted wasn't due to my mum but was because I have shingles. Ouchy ouch ouch.  :unwell:

Oh boy, that really does take it out of you.  I think they can give you antiviral meds now, which may help.  Sending {{{hugs}}}.

Someone just recently told me that while you can't give shingles to someone, you can give them chicken pox if they haven't had it already. 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #374 on: September 01, 2015, 12:29:46 pm »
when my mum had shingles, because I have never had chickenpox nor my siblings, I was looking after her and I never came down with chickenpox or shingles, isn't that weird? In was helping her apply the cream too, butb I never caught it. Weird. ???

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS