Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312432 times)

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #330 on: August 21, 2015, 09:27:28 am »
Teaching a nine year old grand-daughter to knit!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #331 on: August 21, 2015, 10:22:22 pm »

I wish I had learn t to knit

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #332 on: August 21, 2015, 10:22:59 pm »

It's never too late  :eyelashes:  :knit:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #333 on: August 22, 2015, 04:24:42 am »

It's never too late  :eyelashes:  :knit:

Indeed it's not! It's like everything else, easy when you know how, get someone to show you.Phoebe picked it up in no time although I cast on twenty stitches for her and by the time her mother picked her up she had twenty seven!!
My mother, who was born into a tiny Cornish fishing community remembered the men, when they couldn't get to sea spending their time knitting their own guernseys.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #334 on: August 22, 2015, 06:16:07 am »
Yesterday I was mainly scrubbing the house clean, clearing up the garden and setting up a stage with hubby. Today we are mainly having a mini- music festival at home!  Due to various smallholding issues, care for mum issues, oops I booked the wrong dates issues etc my 4 daughters won't have a proper summer holiday this year so a local band, who the children adore (!) have offered to come and play a gig at ours.   Few friends coming over, BBQ to be done under an umbrella judging by the rain clouds currently but do we care? no... we are going to make it a day to remember for the kids :D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #335 on: August 22, 2015, 08:35:25 am »
Pulling up more rag, stacking hay bales and checking the buff. Its not too far away now and am nervous/excited :excited:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #336 on: August 22, 2015, 09:56:55 am »
Today I am going to be out and about trying to persuade people to sign a petition against TTIP
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #337 on: August 22, 2015, 12:07:31 pm »
...... emailing, texting and phoning people to try to find a couple of little pals for my poor lonely Buff Sussex chick. He was the only chick from 12 eggs, which wasn't exactly the plan  :innocent:
After a tense few hours I finally found 2 English Cuckoo Marans so all is well again..... especially as the Marans look like girls   :thumbsup:
Is it time to retire yet?

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #338 on: August 22, 2015, 08:04:42 pm »
at the sawmill getting the last of the current roofing timbers cut ( I can still count to twenty ! )

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #339 on: August 22, 2015, 08:36:31 pm »
up to my arms and ears in fleece, fleecey folk and fleecey talk  ;D   :spin:  :excited:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #340 on: August 22, 2015, 09:29:35 pm »
been a birthing partner for Willow while she delivered her twin girls this morning  :goat: :goat:

I was even doing the breathing control/panting thing  :-\
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #341 on: August 22, 2015, 10:07:29 pm »
been a birthing partner for Willow while she delivered her twin girls this morning  :goat: :goat:

I was even doing the breathing control/panting thing  :-\
I've done that many times when assisting a buffalo give birth. :roflanim:
Clydesdaleclopper? is that the same petition about those people who are dumping toxic waste in a village and killing tons of people?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #342 on: August 22, 2015, 10:27:46 pm »

Clydesdaleclopper? is that the same petition about those people who are dumping toxic waste in a village and killing tons of people?

No it's a trade agreement between the EU and US that fundamentally threatens democracy by including Investor State Dispute Settlement. There is some information here https://home.38degrees.org.uk/2014/10/12/information-on-ttip/ and here http://corporateeurope.org/print/1802

I got 29 people to sign the petition from a couple of hours in Huntly town centre  :excited:
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #343 on: August 23, 2015, 02:38:36 am »

No it's a trade agreement between the EU and US that fundamentally threatens democracy by including Investor State Dispute Settlement. There is some information here https://home.38degrees.org.uk/2014/10/12/information-on-ttip/ and here http://corporateeurope.org/print/1802

I got 29 people to sign the petition from a couple of hours in Huntly town centre  :excited:

It's disgraceful, according the '38 degrees' it will give companies like Monsanto the right to sue the british government for losses if they are banned from selling their evil pesticides that could wipe out our bees.
they have an online petition, please sign it folks.

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #344 on: August 23, 2015, 07:50:38 pm »
Driving across Wales to drop mums reliable old dog back and pick my lunatic back up! I did miss him I must admit.  :dog:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS