Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 332315 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #315 on: August 15, 2015, 10:12:56 pm »
Cutting 30 acres for hay, really hoping it doesn't rain. Then had to do a little shopping, quick dinner and back out for milking, just finished now and ready to collapse into bed. :tired:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #316 on: August 15, 2015, 11:07:01 pm »
I was at Peebles agri show today showing my bantams and had a wee natter with cheviot of tas who was learning folks how to spin wonderful lady.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #317 on: August 16, 2015, 06:18:27 pm »
...watching the Dad of 2 of  our Ryeland lambs win the overall championship at Haigh Show.
Is it time to retire yet?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #318 on: August 16, 2015, 09:12:33 pm »
................spending the morning getting dinner prepared for my children and grandchildren coming; then the afternoon at Culross Summer Fete: then a walk with the dogs, then back home to spend time with my lovely family.  Youngest granddaughter staying overnight and coming to the office with me tomorrow - so she's off to bed, while I catch up on emails.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #319 on: August 16, 2015, 09:28:47 pm »
Today i have been mainly building a goat house  :excited: :goat: :goat:

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #320 on: August 16, 2015, 09:37:19 pm »
Early visit to my sheep

Church

Bee lessons, now know why mybees are grumpy so adding a second brood box tomorrow...

Building bee frames...

Suprise visit from friends...

Yummy cake...

Nearly bedtime now, good day I think...

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #321 on: August 16, 2015, 09:48:40 pm »
Had to go to England on business, when I came back had a BBQ with the family. Now off out milking the buff before collapsing into bed. Have to be up early tomoz for the baler.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #322 on: August 18, 2015, 07:37:41 pm »
Nursing my knees after yesterdays up the ladder,down the ladder,up the ladder, dow............ well you get the drift

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #323 on: August 18, 2015, 08:51:44 pm »
driving  ::)  I got a cancellation appointment for the MRI scan for my hand so had to trek into Aberdeen.
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #324 on: August 18, 2015, 10:47:33 pm »
,........ thinking it was Monday!!

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #325 on: August 19, 2015, 12:26:36 pm »
,........ thinking it was Monday!!

Oh No devonlady, not you too!
I spent all yesterday thinking it was Wednesday, to the point that I got husband to drive us to the Clitheroe auction mart...... a day too soon!  :dunce:

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #326 on: August 19, 2015, 06:22:06 pm »
......sitting in a technical meeting  :tired:

Cosmore

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Dorset
« Reply #327 on: August 20, 2015, 12:54:28 pm »
Haranging BT...........nearly a month without a reliable, stable phone and internet connection >:( . Threatened to get on to Oftel, just got loads of apologies and platitudes from customer 'care' (sic). Decided that BT Openreach should be renamed Blasted Troublesome Out of reach! >:( >:( >:( .

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #328 on: August 20, 2015, 01:02:04 pm »
Cosmore, you have my deepest sympathies. So, so frustrating.

Today I have been, and will continue to be, mainly giving myself a crick in my neck by peering into the incubator. One Buff Sussex out, 8 more to go

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #329 on: August 21, 2015, 09:10:05 am »
Stacking the wrapped bales in the field, temporarily, and betting which animal will calve first. Its a battle between two animals, but I think my bet is safe. :excited:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS