Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312426 times)

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2015, 04:02:36 pm »
Today I have been mainly apologising for the fact my chickens have dug up my husband's tiny carrots  :-[
Is it time to retire yet?

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2015, 04:08:37 pm »
today I have been mainly mucking out the large stock trailer before getting it ready to transport animals again tomorrow
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

sidlaw

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Angus
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2015, 04:09:10 pm »
Today i have been collecting rainwater for the veggies before the heatwave :raining: and then following the selectively blind chicken around the garden - she falls off the steps and bumps into buckets but she can see the lettuce and squash just fine ;)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2015, 10:08:55 pm »
Today I have been mainly checking up on my heavily pregnant goat whose kids were due yesterday.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 06:34:24 am »
Any news MGW?

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 10:29:23 pm »
Still checking up on her every so often. She's very restless tonight so it could be time. Bit worried that she's not bagged up properly.

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2015, 07:48:16 am »
Yesterday I was mostly too tired to write this after scything the thistles to move the electrice fence for the mini shetlands, then scything some docks and nettles (ouch) then more scything of hymalyan  balsam. then we crovected the sheep and  extended the goose house and pen.  Tell me again why we do this?  :tired:

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2015, 02:27:11 pm »
Tedding hay(lage?) while singing Wurzels songs and Saw Doctors Hay Wrap. Fixing tedder whilst singing in French.

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2015, 02:47:06 pm »
Tedding hay and refusing to look at met office weather.

It will make hay
It will make hay
It will make hay...... :innocent:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2015, 05:53:24 pm »
Today I have mostly been being a rousie - skirting and rolling fleeces, then lining them up in my wool shed for a proper workover when it's raining and I can't do anything outside.    Mr F hand shears them and did 7 today - not bad for a decrepit old man  :innocent:.  Two more days should do the rest. All the tups and tuplets were done a week ago.   The flies are starting to lurk, but no-one has been struck  :relief: There's a constant breeze which helps to keep them away.

I absolutely love  :love: shearing time, when I get to play with all those delicious freshly shorn fleeces, and plan how to use them  :spin:.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2015, 06:36:15 pm »
Mainly I have been driving my truck, in body . In soul looking forward to my "Smallholders Holiday " working ion the croft. Cut the hay park tomorrow afternoon, then choose a God to pray to for continuing fine weather and operational limbs  :fc: :fc: :fc: :fc:

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2015, 02:27:54 pm »
Today - I have stayed in the house (- shutters closed, windows closed)  to escape the heat. Tonight I will mainly be in the pool !
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 04:08:36 pm »
I haven't done much.. some strimming i'd been putting off really needed to get done.. long sleeves necessary to avoid being plastered. I got what i'd planned done but had soaked the t-shirt, got close to overheat ad drank 1.5L water when finished! Recovered from that over an hour or so and went and cut the privet hedge. I cooked myself enough doing that that i cheated and went upstairs and sat in my airconditioned room for a while...well worth having installed, spcialy since it's a reverse flow inverter system that's economic to run and can take the chill of a room when it's not worth a wood fire in winter

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2015, 04:45:22 pm »
Today I have mainly been stupid,  set cement mixer up on a slope which is a very bad idea, now have cuts scrapes and bruises where it toppled over still running...

Makes the list for top 5 stupidest things I ever did at work...

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2015, 05:54:01 pm »
Trying to convince people it really is going to rain and they need to get a move on. Then baling in the rain. Being right doesn't always feel good.  :raining:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS