Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Update on Harry  (Read 16093 times)

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Update on Harry
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 08:29:45 pm »
Harry is totally smitten.  Oliver is also smitten with a girl in his class.  Apparently she squidged his bum and that means she fancies him!  I'm not sure I approve of bum squidging amongst 7 year olds!! ;D ;D

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 08:48:45 pm »
Its interesting what you said Ruth, a few people have said to get a referral to an OT, but I think our referral is to a Clinical Paedeatrican.  To be honest it seems so long ago I can't quite remember!

Would you like me ask the Ots at work how best to get a referal? cos Im not sure!
I know in the past they have done private assessments but it would likely cost!
A clinical paed will hopefully cover alot of stuff, but as has been said before - you might find that you already do alot of what they say...

Hope Harry enjoys his 'date' !! It'll do him the world of good
x
Little Blue

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 08:52:18 pm »
I'd be really grateful if you could talk to your OT's.  Thanks for the offer.  Apparently the woman Harry has been reffered to, who works in Belper, is very good.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2010, 09:00:23 pm »
ask me later in the week if I've done it!  Think I'm getting more forgetful, wouldnt have thought it was possble!

tell the boys we are going to build brand new hutches for the baby guineas - theyve been living in the cold conservatory rather than outside at minus 6.  Ive managed to "obtain" some free wood, plenty to keep us busy.  But were caught up in rat-catching over the weekend so guineas have to wait!
Little Blue

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2010, 09:09:45 pm »
Ah the joys of rat-catching!  We have a female rat living (and breeding) in some ivy near our house.  She scuttles out to collect all the fallen food from the bird feeders, but only seems to come out when the gun is safely stowed away.  I can't quite work out where the nest, but I think she's on her second litter this year.  Henry caught one of the last litters babies when it left the nest.  We will eventually get her, but can't put poison down as the dogs are always snuffeling around the area.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 08:33:54 am »
Hey up Miri Is the 2 black and white birthday presents running around MiriMaran land.The weeks up ez he done it or ez e done the veggie plot ??? ??? :D ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 04:18:48 pm »
The Landy has not even been looked at.  Good grief, I'm a patiant woman!  Maybe you should come down for a visit?!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 04:44:44 pm »
By heck Miri he is now livin on borrerd time int e? :o ??? :D I hope  :love: still applies XX
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 08:17:53 pm »
I've just read your post to my OH and he says to tell you that its running well now, but he still needs to Waxoyl the chassis.  I think he's improved the running by making the engine run a bit faster.

Do you think I'll get it back before next winter?!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 08:23:32 pm »
 ::)     ;)   
Little Blue

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 09:18:15 pm »
Harry had a really bad week last week and seemed to be in trouble all the time, but when my OH and I asked what the context of the behaviour was they didn't seem to know!  At Harry's school one of the punishments is to get sent to another classroom.  Harry got sent to the year 6 class and saw it as a treat not a punishment, which didn't surprise me a bit.  I spoke to one his teachers saying that form of discipline won't work on Harry and please find something more appropriate to him so what did she do - that very same day she sent him to the other Year 6 class!  Arrrgggghhhhh!!

I told this particular teacher that I was feeling very frustrated that we were no further forward with Harry's referral and desperately needed help and felt that the teachers may also benefit.  Well, off she went "I've dealt with children that are far worse than Harry, ones that spit and throw chairs.  We will find a strategy that works with Harry" e.t.c.  I said that be that as it may his lack of concern about consequences and punishment makes him tricky to handle.  What I should have said was "Well how is it we are half way through the academic year and are no further forward," but I didn't.  I wanted to have an adult conversation with her and I suppose I was asking for some support and she just got really uppity and defensive.  I'm absolutely tearing my hair out.  All of you guys and my friends are being wonderfully supportive, but I feel that the professional support that we should be getting just doesn't exist.

The other night I was talking to Harry after his bedtime story asking him to try really hard to do as he's told at school.  Harry with a very serious face said "Mummy he keeps swearing.  Can I use a swear word to tell you what he says?"  Oh I thought, is he about to tell me some story of why he got angry at school.  "Who?" I asked.  He held up his teddy and said "He keeps saying bu88er and I can't stop him!"  Well, I fell about laughing and that was the end of the serious of conversation.

The good news is that Harry danced all night at the school disco with his 'girlfriend'.  He was very well behaved and didn't need to be told off once and also didn't get too overexcited and silly.  We then gave M and her mum a lift home and had a quick coffee at their house.  I found out this morning that they had been up in her room, door closed, kissing!!!  Isn't he a bit young for this?! :o :love: :o

HappyHippy

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 08:16:29 am »
"All of you guys and my friends are being wonderfully supportive, but I feel that the professional support that we should be getting just doesn't exist."

This is how I feel too Miri  :-\
Granted there ARE kids who are much worse than Harry or Kaitlin, violent, aggressive etc and maybe they come as higher priority ? But it is incredibly frustrating.
We were told in September/October last year that we would get an appointment to see someone at the child and family clinic within 3 months - we're still waiting  >:(

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2010, 04:57:34 pm »
I will tell you happy you will get next to no help plenty of fobbing off and the like Get down there and play your face .I'm sorry Mr Baker you cannot see the Princepal.Why not?Well he doesn't see people like you! Oh but you are so wrong I'll bet you he will.So I made a few discrete enquires and was leaning on the lamp post when he came into work next morning.Snag was. He could not go home with out speaking to me because I was sitting on his car bonnet at 17:45 when he wanted to go for tea.I know nothing of your case Mr Baker but I assure you I will tomorrow.I don't know what was said nor to who,but I was called to his office next morning and so were two others.Sort this out and sort it today Mr Baker will report directly to me on the outcome. ??? ??? >:( ;D ;D :farmer:

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2010, 08:01:27 pm »
HH Its so frustrating isn't it.  So many people have told me to nag nag nag and that is the only way to get anywhere, but I'm very non-confrontational.  I have left a message on the answer machine of the person we have been referred to, but haven't heard anything.  I may try again tomorrow.

HappyHippy

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2010, 08:12:17 pm »
Frustrating is the polite way of putting it Miri ! That's on the days I only have a mild case of pulling my hair out  :o :o :o
Like you, I'm not one to hassle folk (hubby may disagree  ;)) but I did phone and try to bring the appointment forward - didn't get anywhere, in fact I don't actually think the psycologist I spoke to listened to a word I said  ::) and I was being very nice ;D but got a snooty attitude and basically told to wait my turn >:( Just let them try that when we DO go for the appointment (they may see the bit of my mum in me that I try so hard to suppress ;)) I assume the attitude comes from seeing so many cases where the kids have problems and the parents don't actually give a crap that when they do get someone who has a bit of foresight and sense that they are kinda taken aback. It's a LONG fight - but I'm not done yet  ;)
Hang in there, keep phoning them (or get an email address and drop them a line EVERY week) and keep us all up to date. Fingers crossed your lot are better that mine !

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS