Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My billy has died suddenly!  (Read 10529 times)

Bumblebear

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Norfolk
    • http://southwellski.blogspot.co.uk/
Re: My billy has died suddenly!
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2013, 12:07:53 am »
So sorry for your losses, a lesson for us all.  :bouquet:

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2013, 08:04:55 pm »
Yep as the saying goes where you have livestock you will have deadstock ;)

sunnybankpigsandgoats

• Joined Sep 2013
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2013, 09:06:20 pm »
I lost 3 goats and 2 kids to worms because I listened to the vet telling me Panacur was the best wormer for goats. I had to pay for a post mortem but it confirmed worms were the killer.  Vets just don't deal with goats often enough. I was gutted, should have trusted my instincts and insisted the Panacur wasn't working.  Once it was proved it was worms the vet suggested I use dectomax which also gets rid of lice and I haven't had any problems since. I vaccinate with heptavacP but only as I have a handful of sheep as well so it seems daft to throw away half a bottle and buy something else for the goats.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2013, 10:04:32 pm »
In defence of Panacur - the first year I had my goats I wormed with Panacur, did the job well. However 2nd year it started to fail (10days post worming FEC still had quite high egg counts) and I have used Oramec since, now (for time being  :fc: ) worm-free.

sunnybankpigsandgoats

• Joined Sep 2013
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2013, 10:28:38 pm »
Yes it worked for me initially but you shouldn't get resistance that quickly and I was careful not to give it too often as I didn't want to build up a resistance.  I would definitely not recommend it but I've had a bad experience, maybe other people have had no issues with it.

Advertisement

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS