Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The joys of working with the public  (Read 13016 times)

rustyme

Re: The joys of working with the public
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2009, 09:06:14 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D.......it is getting worse Sandy .....I have now got images of you foraging in your draws for a screw !!!!!!!!  :o :o ;D

cheers

Russ

sandy

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2009, 09:14:19 pm »
I have to be quick as our guest keep interrupting!! My draws are full of cr**!

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2009, 10:24:18 am »
It is a great job, a bit like having friends around who give you money!!!! My partner say's I attract nuts

SO does linz

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2009, 10:33:23 am »
Hiya Linz - you were missed.

Hows Bump ?
- Heartburn?  Fluid on ankles? Too Damn Hot?  Forgetful?  Tired?
Can't stop cleaning everything?

I remember it with joy - should be really good at playing football in the tum by now -
I know youre going to be a great mum, and we are all looking forward to seeing the pictures when your baby arrives. 

11 Weeks - End of September - Good Luck - stay at home and keep well
Julie  ;D :D

sandy

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2009, 03:12:32 pm »
Been a strange few day's, I had to expel a guest after many warnings about several incidents, I cannot go in to the ins and outs but he certainly has put me at risk.  >:(

One of my pet hates here is why do some guests walk out and leave the front door open? I now am contemplating CCTV and wounder if I can just have something on the front door? Last week I found a few people had just walked in!!!!!

I pride myself on being a good judge of charactor and know I have done the right thing but has anyone else had any horror stories about guests?

I think I nipped things in the bud but could have been in for a very bumpy ride as nearly everything I suspected appears to be accurate about the person!!!!!!

Anyway, advice on a cheap camera  that will connect to the computer if possible!!! Oh, and I got to keep three stars!!!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2009, 04:04:31 pm »
has anyone else had any horror stories about guests

It seems that every day just now there is a rude prat of a person out there just waiting to be rude and obnoxious. I just had an American be rude because we were finished serving lunch and would not serve him - an hour after the kitchen closed. He then asked if he could eat sandwiches he had in the car on my picnic tables, I told him no and he said I was very unfriendly. I smiled and counted to a zillion....

When I went outside to collect empty glassed he announced at the top of his voice he would go and not return to this "terrible place", I just turned to him and said "just as well because you aren't welcome, now leave". The trouble is Sandy we are only have way through the busy summer season and very tired and needing a break!!!! I'd settle for a break of that dipsticks neck ha ha ha.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 04:08:06 pm by jameslindsay »

sandy

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2009, 04:39:58 pm »
Strange  how some people have a job at seeing how rude they are, after all, it's us who can choose who or who not we serve!! I would have secrety wished for his car to break down ;D ;D ;D if only I could do spells!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2009, 06:09:53 pm »
I have to be quick as our guest keep interrupting!! My draws are full of cr**!

I don't believe you just wrote that! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  (assuming you mean drawers in the colloquial sense!) ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2009, 07:52:56 pm »
My "wooden" draws, I should have said, and yes, they are full of cr**! (my other type are large but freshly washed) ::)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 10:40:58 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2009, 11:25:41 pm »
Could have been worse - could have been a wooden leg ;D ;D ;D

Julie

sandy

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2009, 08:30:16 am »
Such nice guests in, I want to give them ALL a big hug!!!! that will ;D make them pack thier bags so I had better restrain myself ;D

sandy

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2009, 10:48:38 pm »
Had a man in this weekend who questioned the price!!! it is on our website and he Was told then he booked and when he payed he already had the correct amount!!! I spoke to him on the first morning and he walked out of the breakfast room and he called a male guest "Boy" on passing him and when steve spke to him he used the term "Boy" again!!  he was so arragant, his wife was lovely...poor women!! Thank goodness there are not many guests like him aaarrrrrrrrrrrhhh.....P.S just a few min after another guest gave us a £10 tip...so we had a take out tonight!!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS