Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: It's not a goat, damnit  (Read 3617 times)

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Kirkintilloch, NE of Glasgow
    • Calum Morrell Photography
It's not a goat, damnit
« on: August 14, 2009, 09:52:09 pm »
Just a little shameless self-promotion ... or ignore everything but the last image in the following link:

http://blog.calummorrell.com/2009/08/14/loch-lomond-from-conic-hill/

As for the topic title .. nearly every person who has seen and then commented on the photo so far has called the sheep.. a goat  ???

sandy

Re: It's not a goat, damnit
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 10:37:10 pm »
Love the face in the tree, I love tree and woodland in particular, I also want to take some more interesting photos but i never have the camera on me when I see something..saying that the BBC took a photo of mine for a TV programme and also an Australian politician had another photo I took so not doing too bad!!! I am getting a bit fed up with chicken photos or dog one and of course scenery!!!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 10:40:59 pm »
What else is there except dogs, chickens and views?  Oh yes, I forgot - silly tin ornaments on roundabouts ;D ;D ;D
UYou coming to the Barbie tomoz Calum?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 10:44:01 pm »
Love the tin foil couple!!!!! yes, I will be commng, it WILL rain but sod it!!!!!!Just got to see were it is again, not too far from Knock Hill...we have a house f ull of guests as well!!

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 12:16:03 pm »
Love the goat  ;D ;D ;D

HappyHippy

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 06:42:24 pm »
Calum,
Your 'goat' piccy is good, your landscapes are FANTASTIC (but I bet you know that already  ;))
Karen

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 10:01:21 pm »
But you missed a great opportunity this afternoon and tonight.  'Show what you grow' at the CSSA Barbecue!  Loads of photoshoot ideas for the next newsletter.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 03:14:20 pm »
*grumbles at mentions of "goat" pics*

Annie, the answer should have been "yes, I'll be there" .. but a "morning" meeting ended up lasting most of the day :(

September's meet... I think I'll stick that in my diary right now.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 07:28:39 pm »
am defo gona enter the comps next year, may be a bit better if people get a wee bit of warning for the comp (not sure when the original post got sent out)

Linz

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 11:19:54 pm »
Yes, I could easily have won the thistle, chickweed and nettle competitions, and as for that pineapple!  Hmmm, I really must buy a pineapple tree soon.  Where would I get one that could produce a fruit like the one that won? ;D ;D ;D

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 11:24:25 pm »
You've got me wondering now.. were the competitions announced somewhere? The only information I had on the event were the couple of lines on the CSSA events page.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 11:26:51 pm »
Hey, that's not a bad idea.  Graham was the Judge - he had a note of the winners,  Hope he didn't destroy it!  Ask Dan to put them up, I'm sure he and Rosemary will remember them.  It was hilarious but I'll bet the competition will be real hot next year - we'll all have a go.  Many of us were a bit reticent this time I think - certainly I was.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 10:17:59 am »
lol it lack of time for me lol

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 11:01:58 am »
Calum

That is the most wonderful picture of a Mountain Sheep I have ever seen

:-* :-* :-*

Julie

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS