Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The joys of working with the public  (Read 13027 times)

Tullywood Farm

Re: The joys of working with the public
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 10:14:35 pm »
I have just come in from saying good night to my Emu's,Pigs,Chickens,Ducks,Geese,Cats,Kittens and One Goat soon to be joined by 2 Rabbits and 3 Guinnea pigs but the one thing I am looking forward to is in a few weeks when I get my 3 new Pygmy Goats I think they are Beautiful animals and I am busy trying to Build their new Pen and House any sugestions on what to watch for with Pygmy's.
Any help would be gratefully received.
I also totally agree with you and My BEAUTIFUL wife Julie the customer is not always right and the one's that think they are I have found are usually full of SH*TE.
Kindest regards
Joe

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 10:20:30 pm »
Joe you will love your Pygmy's - I have 7. I started off 3 years ago with 2 and it just grew and grew. They make brilliant pets, they love attention and food! They also love to climb, mine have a climbing frame to play on and benches in their bed. They also get on well with all my other animals so no problem there. They have their own paddock but I let them out all day and they play with the other goats, ponies, ducks and geese. They do hate the rain with a passion so must have access to a shelter and hay. Good luck with them, I can't praise these wee chaps enough.

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 12:26:12 am »
Hi James,
Thankyou for getting back to me.
I have designed a pen which has an area about 40 feet square of just grass and then there is about the same on the right hand side but this side has got large stones in it which I am going to put some scaffold planks across so that they can walk from one to an other and jump off the highest being about 16 inch.
Is this OK?.
The house I have for them is my Daughters old play house that I made her its about 7 feet x 3.5 feet  but it has a slate roof and is insulated  so it will keep them nice and warm and totally dry(used to be a builder).
I was going to use an automatic drinker for them is this OK?.
Can I get them any special crunch or feed as a treat?.
Kind regards and thank you in advance for all your help
Joe

sandy

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 07:31:58 am »
Running a B&B I get to meet loads of people, most of them are interesting, and some very strange. :o The clue is when they turn up with a too small suit jacket on, buttoned up with a 70's jumper underneath and too short trousers, they have all been men as the strange women usulay come with a husband or partner. I always end up talking to them for ages and ages and am thankful when they go without incident (except one who weeeeeeeeeeeeeed all over the bedroom floor and the 2 beds in the room) only to find they come back again, I am a nut magnet!!!!!! P.S my mum was a pychiatric nurse and I worked for years in the same field!!!!! :P

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 08:12:53 am »
Hi,

I know what you are saying about being a NUT magnet, I have been saying this for years!.
I seem to attract them where ever I go only a few weeks ago We all went on the train to Dublin the train was not full by any means,But low and behold we ended up sitting with an absolute fruit and nut who got on the train a few stops after us.
We got his entire life story from conception to present day.
This is just one instance as for the TW*T that weeeeeeeeed all over I hope you gave him a bill for cleaning up.
It probably does help that you worked in the same field as your Mum, But I personally thought that people who run B&B's are nuts anyway!!.(Just Kidding)  :)
Hope you never get anyone else like that.
All the best
Joe

sandy

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 08:25:20 am »
It is a great job, a bit like having friends around who give you money!!!! My partner say's I attract nuts as I look simple!!! he means open and uncomplicated I think? We also get pressies and loads of odd socks!!!!!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 09:05:11 am »
That all sounds perfect Joe. I feed mine Allan and Page Pygmy Goat Mix twice a day and they love most things. They get a small bit of Kit Kat at bed time and they love cream crackers, scones, bread even. Some of them enjoy fruit and most of them love vegetables, others are not so keen but mine get to run around the entire garden so climb the trees for the bark and branches. I just have a big bowl of water out for them and that does the trick. As with most goats they would eat all day if they could.

sandy

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 09:08:51 am »
Maybe I was a goat in my past life...I could eat all day and love Kit Kat..not keen on bark  but I love trees!!!!! If I gwet re-incarneted as an animal I hope I get looked after by someone like you!!

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 11:07:34 am »
Hi,
Thank you every one on giving me info on keeping Pygmy's, I think I will really enjoy the as I also love Kitkat's and cream cracker's.
Regards
Joe

sandy

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 11:33:25 am »
Well it's been confirmed, I do have a screw loose!!!!     My glasses just fell off in Focus.....screw has gone!!!!! I am writting this proping my specs on my nose and the writing is going all hazey so I'm off to find a replacement screw!!!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2009, 11:35:18 am »
Sandy just keep wearing that love;y white jacket that the Dr gave you - you know the ultra modern on where the arms wrap around the front to your back ha ha ha ha  ;D

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 11:56:15 am »
Screw loose!.
I don't know anyone who hasn't!.  ;D
Joe

sandy

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 02:04:10 pm »
my guests arrived at 12.00 so after a cuppa and chat I had  to super charge my zimmer!!!!!! Beds and Bathrooms disinfected and polished, me.....opened the Gin for tonight and  have sat with the Ducks and Hens while the dogs clean up some droppings.....nice!!!!! P.S still trying to find that screw, without my glasses I am looking at bits of twigs and wondering where the thread is!!!!!!

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2009, 08:55:01 pm »
Have you still got a screw loose Sandy?

Or did someone help you find it?  Any optician should replace it free for you, so don't be stuck

Julie

sandy

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009, 09:01:15 pm »
I forraged in my draws and found 3 pairs of broken ones and bogged it for now as otherwise everything is a blur and I would end up going out with clown makeup and handing out duff breakfasts in the morning as we are busy this weekend. When I have time I will go to get it fixed, getting old is expensive, can't Waite to be senile then I can have some fun!!! not really must be horrid

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS