Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Agricultural Buildings  (Read 20515 times)

Red

• Joined Mar 2011
  • North Yorkshire
Re: Agricultural Buildings
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 06:24:00 pm »
Just a word of caution - we had 2 shipping containers in our field and our lovley neighbours complained to the local council and even though technically we should not have been asked to move then, the council made us as we had built a barn for storage which was their argument.
Red

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2012, 11:54:46 pm »
The moble stable will definitely have to be anchored down ......which may not go down well with the council, but better than being blown away.
Well, having spoken with the council today, they are sending two forms out for me to ask my questions ...for which I have to pay ofcourse. One is to explain about the building I want, and the other isto ask if its ok to have a mobile shelter.  It will not give me permission, but hopefully say if  i need permission.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2012, 08:37:26 am »
The moble stable will definitely have to be anchored down ......which may not go down well with the council, but better than being blown away.
Well, having spoken with the council today, they are sending two forms out for me to ask my questions ...for which I have to pay ofcourse. One is to explain about the building I want, and the other isto ask if its ok to have a mobile shelter.  It will not give me permission, but hopefully say if  i need permission.
As long as the anchors are removeable 'on demand' it shouldnt make too much difference - good luck!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS