Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Finally our 1st weaners arrived today  (Read 3279 times)

flowerpotkitchen

• Joined Sep 2012
Finally our 1st weaners arrived today
« on: October 22, 2012, 05:47:48 pm »

Such an exciting day, Picked up our weaners this afternoon, all went perfect, we borrowed a friends dog cage, placed tarpulin in the mpv, layered enco pads under, in and half way up the sides, ready for all the mess, did not anticipate vomitting, but enco pads dealt with that and not a mark in the mpv !!!

They have settled in well, having some shocks from the eletric fencing, but as the day has gone on they seem to be getting the hang of staying away from the boundry lines. 

So pleased we have started this adventure and look forward to much more pig keeping fun  ;D

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: Finally our 1st weaners arrived today
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 06:02:27 pm »
they look awesome

like the brown one

please can we have photos in 2 days to see how much of the garden they have dug up for you  :excited: :excited:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 06:03:47 pm »
Oh, they are sooo cute.  Bet your grass doesn't stay like that for long though  ;D
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 06:22:20 pm »
 :excited: :excited: They're gorgeous and I am jealous.  Wonder how long the grass will last.

flowerpotkitchen

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 06:28:08 pm »
Well with the weather we are having I reckontoo that the grass be gone shortly, but this is pen number 1 we have a second pen that we are saving for Jan/Feb, as we expect serious boggy muddy quagmire with all this rain so far, we think we are probably in for the wetest winter in years !  But this is all part of the adventure and great memories. ;D

The Woodsiders

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Near Horley in Surrey
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 06:54:32 pm »
Take a picture of your garden now, then you can look back in the years to come, give a long sigh and say, do you remember when our garden looked like that,  :excited: :thumbsup:  Great stuff Flowerpot, enjoy.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 08:48:21 pm »
Love the brown and white one.

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 10:42:36 pm »
Very cute enjoy
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

flowerpotkitchen

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 11:18:49 pm »
Thank you all you guys for such positive wondeful comments, we have taken loads of photos of our very first attempt !!! My great friend said to me months ago what is the obsession with grass?  Why do people want  a immaculate lawn to stare at, no passion, no soul or inspiration.  This really struck a cord with us, we really thought about this and as we got more desperate that we can not find any land near us for sale, we decided to just do it!!! so here go... We look forward to becoming addicted to this and many years of adventure...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS