Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Farrowing sow  (Read 20441 times)

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
Re: Farrowing sow
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 07:58:13 pm »
What me - a tiger?  :innocent:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

princesspiggy

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 08:17:11 pm »
i use to enjoy a good natter about pigs on here but its got very defensive and abrupt recently....bring back the happy vibes  :hug: :hug:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 08:21:35 pm »
It's ok Julia - just a wee bit of leg-pulling - honest  :eyelashes:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

robert waddell

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 08:39:39 pm »
there is a bit of banter betwean people that have met each other and some times with people that have not met     which to others may seam abrupt short or whatever   maybe the one liners are lost without the close proximity of others or a drink in our hands :farmer:

princesspiggy

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 09:08:08 pm »
It's ok Julia - just a wee bit of leg-pulling - honest  :eyelashes:

i was meaning the newbies - alot of defensive comments on a few different threads. maybe its the moon    :rant: :D :D

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2012, 09:50:11 pm »
Or the weather  :raining: :sunshine: :raining: :gloomy: :gloomy:  aargh

NicAlford1234

• Joined May 2012
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2012, 07:21:54 pm »
Hi Squinky, hopefully this is a more helpful reply than the others...  :innocent:
From experience, I move my sows out, just so that I have a closer eye on the piglets and can assist if needs be, however, I knew I had read something about this before, and in Oakland Pig's book; Perfect Pigs, there is a little section on:
Can I farrow two or more sows together,? This is what it says:

It is possible for a sow to have her litter within a group or with another sow/gilt present. The other pigs will generally give the new mum some space and they won't interfere with the birth. They will also not try and attack or kill the piglets (this applies to a boar too). The main problem is that a second sow will try and come into the ark and snuggle down to the new mum for warmth. The piglets can then try to keep warm and end up being squashed...
It goes on to say that if you have more than one ark (which you do) the new mum can get away from the others.

They suggest that fencing the mum off for two weeks after farrowing will mean that the piglets are big enough to get out of the way, and thats when they squeal loudest!!  :D

Sometimes you've just got to grin and bare the criticism, I've had it before, as have most of the others - just as it happens, it was both of these people criticizing me! They've got their own ideas, and they don't accept anyone else's, and they feel the need for everyone to accept theirs. But Robert, Squinky is right, your spelling and grammear is so bad that I tend to ignore your posts. :eyelashes:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2012, 07:29:07 pm »

...  spelling and grammear is so bad that I tend to ignore your posts. :eyelashes:
:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

NicAlford1234

• Joined May 2012
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2012, 08:05:13 pm »
I take it you either agree or got my joke, or both  :P

robert waddell

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2012, 08:10:23 pm »
nicalfud 1234  it would not be so bad if what you write was correct   and if it was from your experiences    you could quote from war and peace if you like will it make any difference to me    not one bit         will it make a difference to  you yes it will because others will see just how stupid  petty and vindictive you are

how can any post saying what that poster uses does  or maintain there animals in any way      is a wide spread view of you MUST do it my way or not at all

if i have criticised you in the past  flag it back up  for all to see what irks your Eyre

yes to the punctuation and it will stay   if only because it bothers you
the spelling well what can i say  i run it through spell check first   obviously i have not managed to get the same version you run in your computer
you cant have ignored all my my posts or you would not have that nervous twitch that inspired your post maybe ignore a few more

one thing anyway can you distinguish betwean people laughing at you or with you        you will need to get used to that :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2012, 08:50:19 pm »
nicalfud1234, everyone is entitled to contribute to this forum, but your petty and vindictive ramblings is of no use to man nor hairy beastie, slatting a fellow member who has a vast experience of all aspects of farming knowledge is pathetic, so what Robert does not do punctuation who gives a s**t, well obviously you do. Better not to read posts by Robert what made you decide to read this one? You quote from Oaklands book, have they contributed to this post no they have'nt. No smiley faces here, you take from this what you like.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2012, 08:58:20 pm »
 :surrender:

NicAlford1234

• Joined May 2012
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2012, 09:02:19 pm »
And you can't even copy my name correctly...  ::)
I'm "just showing my opinion" , that's a common phrase from you all isn't it, when you feel it's all getting too heated? No, I don't know the exact answer, but from reading through the post, I can see that Squinky wasn't getting the support or help that he needed, especially as he is member who hasn't posted very often. Well if you cared to take more attention to what I quoted, it answered the question, and it was taken from another member's book. So if you have a problem, take it up with them, I was just trying to support someone who obviously felt under the firing line, which to be honest, he was, and give an answer which is relevant.

So you, of all people, are calling me stupid, petty and vindictive? When you are the one who doesn't understand the simple concept of punctuation, petty and vindictive, when I am trying to give a comment to assist a member who asked a question? And please, tell me how I have been vindictive? Calling me stupid is much worse than me stating that you can't use proper spelling and grammar, which you have also admitted?!

there is a bit of banter betwean people that have met each other
Well I have never met you, and yet you still told me to stop keeping pigs altogether, when I needed help, and I hardly got it.

http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=24244.msg234827#msg234827

I realise that you can only answer on the information you are given, but if you open your eyes, you could see that there are other things implied etc.

I don't need to use a spell check, because I am, whatever you want to call me, not stupid. I repeat; I am not stupid, and although I do not know Beewyched, and she could for all I know be laughing at me, but she was disappointed in how some people were acting. Well I'm laughing at your excuse for spell checking everything : "betwean" ?!  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

If you cared about the consequences of your outbursts, look at my profile, see my age, and maybe you will apologise, after all, I can spell better than you.  ;D

Lill, I know full well that anyone can contribute, that is why I chose to. I have been following the post, because I have been on Squinky's end of the firing line, and I know how horrible it is to feel that people, who know diddly squat about what you do, judge you. My comment was just in agreement to Squinky, and Mandy will know that we don't see eye to eye on almost everything, but hopefully she knows that the one thing that we do agree on is that the pigs are the most important thing, and that is why, although I didn't have to comment, I found a perfectly relevant answer, so I replied - apologies if I used the forum correctly. Who cares whether it is from Oakland's book or not, it is an answer!

Here's a nice one for you; in case you are lacking any happiness;  ;D

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2012, 09:13:02 pm »
No I am perfectly happy but i hate to see posters, i do not care how old or young they are slatting any members of this forum who has been very helpful to the people asking  questions. You are entitled to your own opinion about others on this forum, but from now on your opinions is better kept to yourself.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 09:16:42 pm by lill »

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2012, 09:20:10 pm »
[move]TIME OUT FOLKS[/[/color]move]

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS