Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: calling all Shetland Colouration experts................  (Read 15222 times)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: calling all Shetland Colouration experts................
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2012, 11:10:54 pm »
She's a cutie isn't she? She knows it too - comes up and has her ears scritched  :D Just in case I wasn't already thinking of keeping her  ;)

I keep telling her we need a pair of handsome, fit, DIY experts to do all the chores we can't do/hate doing i.e fencing! LOL!
Sounds like a good plan to me  ;)

Mallows Flock

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Shepton mallet
    • Somerset Pet Sitting and Dog Walking
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2012, 09:47:41 am »
She's a cutie isn't she? She knows it too - comes up and has her ears scritched  :D Just in case I wasn't already thinking of keeping her  ;)

I keep telling her we need a pair of handsome, fit, DIY experts to do all the chores we can't do/hate doing i.e fencing! LOL!
Sounds like a good plan to me  ;)

My Shetlands are ALL  pretty flighty...despite bucket training, being in with super duper friendly orphans... it is a shame as I would love to get closer to them and be able to sit amongst them like I do my others to scratch as they pass by but I think it is not to be. I will keep at it and just see if they come round  :-\
From 3 to 30 and still flocking up!

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2012, 04:16:47 pm »
About half of my Shetlands will eat out of my hand I find that its a good way to get them used to me  There are some that will have none of it.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2012, 08:17:14 pm »
That's about where mine are BC. Half will come up and eat out of my hand, a quarter of the rest hover nearby and the rest are wick - especially when I'm trying to gather them  ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS