Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's everyone up to today?  (Read 82692 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: What's everyone up to today?
« Reply #300 on: October 08, 2012, 09:26:55 am »
Trying to put the finer details together for 2 daughters parties which fall a week apart of each other. Used to be so simple to book a hall for a kids party but no, the British legion you have to apply in writing apparently and the village hall is fully booked.......do I hold a disco for 20 8 year olds in my house  :-\  :o

Then my Baaath Time sidekick is coming over so we can get our wholesale order put together ready for a local high st shop.  After dinner a meeting about a craft fair I thought would be a good idea to get involved with organising  ::)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #301 on: October 08, 2012, 10:02:43 am »
Sounds like a busy day ahead plums  ;D
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #302 on: October 08, 2012, 10:32:20 am »
Busy busy plums, that's great - are you going to start an alternative website called The Accidental Soapmaker - sure you'll get quite a few followers!

Our kids are off for the October week here in the Borders, can't afford a holiday so doing 'cultural' things and a bit of visiting.  Taking care of the ducklings first though - 2 hatches about 4 weeks old now - noticed another duck sitting on about a dozen underneath the kiddies playpark slide yesterday, don't know how long she's been there - its very frosty here in the mornings just now, taking to about lunch time to burn off, so keeping an eye on her, better check the heat lamp's working  ;)
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #303 on: October 08, 2012, 10:53:01 am »
Supposed to be doing invoices, but find myself on here  :-[ again! Think I'll have a cuppa first, hate doing invoices  :(

kja

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #304 on: October 08, 2012, 02:42:33 pm »
5am start today we took some lambs in to slaughter. had a day catching up with house work and now sitting down with a cuppa before i collect 2 grandchildren from 2 different schools in 2 different villages then straight on with the livestock before taking 2 kids out for dinner. a early night me thinks is on the cards early starts and grandchildren dont mix.

i am also trying to get kit ready for the pig show at the weekend.
we can still learn if we are willing to listen.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #305 on: October 08, 2012, 03:32:54 pm »
Sitting watching the  :raining:   AGAIN.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #306 on: October 08, 2012, 03:38:26 pm »
went for a beautiful drive over the ochils with my aged grandparents who have come to see where we have escaped to, the sun was out the air was clear and we could see a very long way from up there.

lunch at the baxters place on the A9 always good then home again...

suppose i need to feed the kids tonight but im not hungry any more...

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #307 on: October 08, 2012, 08:29:25 pm »
 ;D   ;D  , yes bloomer I used to love cooking, but those pesky kids need feeding every day, such a pain, even when it's a heat up job  ;D  as if there wasn't enough mouths to feed on a smallholding!
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #308 on: October 09, 2012, 08:28:25 am »
I've fed everyone ( Prepared the pig's mixed veg and cooked beetroot last night) and I am off to collect chestnuts for them soon. We built a workshop for woodcrafts in the attic above our utility room and today we are making another work bench. I need to find enough wood to make the legs for the bench first.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #309 on: October 09, 2012, 08:36:40 am »
Today, whilst doing all the usual chores, I shall be preoccupied with wondering if we passed the home check and interview we had yesterday to adopt a canine companion for our other dog.  :fc:
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #310 on: October 09, 2012, 08:41:35 am »
do I hold a disco for 20 8 year olds in my house  :-\ :o

My goodness, kids' parties seem to have come on a bit since my time... :o

Another day coughing and splurting while at work. Well, only in the afternoon. Wish that bl88dy cold would disappear - but a particularly nasty bug seems to be doing the rounds this year; I've heard of others who just can't get rid of it.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #311 on: October 09, 2012, 09:03:48 am »
do I hold a disco for 20 8 year olds in my house  :-\ :o

My goodness, kids' parties seem to have come on a bit since my time... :o

Another day coughing and splurting while at work. Well, only in the afternoon. Wish that bl88dy cold would disappear - but a particularly nasty bug seems to be doing the rounds this year; I've heard of others who just can't get rid of it.

Tell me about it, Ina  ;)  I hold the lower key ones in the village as well! he's a local man who does a little disco, few sarnies and off they go but not really wanting it in  the house as they'll be in the garden and fields, covered in mud and the mums will never talk to me again....
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #312 on: October 09, 2012, 09:29:43 am »
At my daughters school, sleepover parties are the done thing.  :o   ::)   Not expensive or difficult to organize and in general they all get on really well but cor do they tire me out. Only 7 girls in her year, including her but you should see them squeezed into some of the teeny cottages round here. They've been known to sleep in the bath. ::)

We all send spare clothes and gogs because they always end up muddy or soaked. No-one seems bothered about a bit of mud here, thank goodness :relief:

We've just sent out our invites .... counting down now. ::)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #313 on: October 09, 2012, 09:32:18 am »
my eldest had a sleepover last year, she loved it and I think they all had a good time. It was over bonfire night weekend so we went and watched fireworks from top of our hill (except one girl was scared of fireworks even though they were 10 miles away) pizza for tea (same girl "I don't like pizza") did I scream?! nearly.  I never sleep properly when they have friends on a sleepover so I'm always grouchy next morning  ;)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #314 on: October 09, 2012, 03:56:31 pm »
if we passed the home check and interview we had yesterday to adopt a canine companion for our other dog.  :fc:
A home check AND an interview to adopt a  :dog: .... :o Sorry but that seems to be so over the top....
It would put me off re-homing any dog nowadays... I had a rescue terrier cross years ago when I was a student... I would never have passed any test as my living arrangement were a bit chaotic, but she was as happy as Larry with me!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS