Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's everyone up to today?  (Read 82661 times)

deepinthewoods

Re: What's everyone up to today?
« Reply #330 on: October 13, 2012, 01:52:36 pm »
im cooking a special dinner for a good friends birthday, carpaccio of beef starter, lamb steak and seasonal veg from the garden, with choclate cake for puds, a nice bottle of champas and a merlot with the food. yum.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #331 on: October 13, 2012, 02:09:26 pm »
im cooking a special dinner for a good friends birthday, carpaccio of beef starter, lamb steak and seasonal veg from the garden, with choclate cake for puds, a nice bottle of champas and a merlot with the food. yum.

dear dave

am dribbling thinking about it!!!

shame your so far away i'd have to invite myself over

thanks

food loving bloomer

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #332 on: October 13, 2012, 02:13:49 pm »
Oooh DITW, birthdays are for sharing   ;D.   Chocolate cake  :yum:

Instead I've had a wisp bar and egg sarni while sanding the door in the bathroom ready to paint today, along with the ceiling  :huff:

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #333 on: October 13, 2012, 02:18:36 pm »
Having a break from pointing up some brickwork around the new windows I put in a few months ago! Ooops It was too hot back then and now the wind is blowing cold air up my jumper, trouser legs and down my collar and out thru my sleeves. And to think I should have done this job in the sun just wearing my cut down jean shorts and a bandana  ;D - not a pretty sight.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #334 on: October 13, 2012, 02:53:31 pm »
I've had a wisp bar and egg sarni

a wisp bar and egg sarni?  now thats a new one!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #335 on: October 14, 2012, 11:12:39 am »
Today I am trying to book almost famous people for gigs at our village event.  Anyone remember Mr Brookstein from X factor (Steve)  - currently chatting to him, nice bloke. Have also been working on Blobbie Williams from Take Fat. cant' afford him though - booooooo!!

Happy Sunday everyone  ;D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Mel

« Reply #336 on: October 14, 2012, 11:48:27 am »
I have just planted out my onion sets,shallots and a few more spring cabbages,not sure what to do in one of the other empty greenhouses though,something shall crop up ;D

Dinner,well,having my own home reared pork with rosemary and stuffed apples with all home grown veg :yum: :yum: No idea about pud yet,might make a clooty dumpling ;)~yummy.

tonight,I am going to try the home made blackberry rum,woohoo!

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #337 on: October 14, 2012, 12:13:01 pm »
I am working in the cellar - out of the rain and wind and warmer in there than outside. Our water meter is in the cellar and it exploded in the "big freeze" we had. So I'm boarding up and insulating the ceiling window/vents to stop cold air falling in from ground level then making a box with insulation around the water meter and the odd array of water pipes in there. The pipes then go underground to the house so may be a few more inched of soil above them will stop them freezing this year.
OR - I could sit here in front of the fire  :innocent:
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #338 on: October 14, 2012, 12:38:25 pm »

Cleaned out the pony, the nesting boxes (too muddy to push the wheelbarrow and do the whole of the hen houses) the ducks , the ducklings and the goats all with the " help" of 2 pygmy goats. I'm sure that it used to take half the time it does now  ::)  Will be sitting down later to some lovely roast pork(thank you Sparticus) :pig:

Anne

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #339 on: October 14, 2012, 01:16:52 pm »
Enjoying the  :sunshine: cleaning out chooks ducks n bunnys, peeping dinner while Heidi at work

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #340 on: October 14, 2012, 01:48:14 pm »
Just put a steak and kidney pudding on to steam and then going to make the christmas pudding so will be having lots of wishes as we both stir.
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #341 on: October 14, 2012, 03:13:37 pm »
I have just planted out my onion sets,

That's what I meant to do - but after Friday's big floods we had more rain today... I think anything I'd get into the ground now would just rot away. (I have autumn planting broad beans and peas, too.) So instead I've been sitting indoors, done some baking and a lot of knitting - it's getting colder and I need a warm jumper!

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #342 on: October 15, 2012, 06:00:33 pm »
Took on three new portfolios at work (NHS meltdown) - only to discover that they all need complicated business case/service redesign work doing on them :-(

Hey ho - never a dull moment

Reports from DH are that house is going great. All subbies on site today beavering away at the final details. The kitchen is beautiful and I couldn't stop hanging around in there over the weekend :-)
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #343 on: October 15, 2012, 07:14:56 pm »

Cleaning out the kitchen cupboards, can't think of a use for 3 tins of out of date orange segments,2 of pears and some very solid strawberry jam.
Anne

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #344 on: October 15, 2012, 09:19:15 pm »
Finishing cleaning the freezer and fetching the meat back from the original 4 Castlemilk Moorit wethers.

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS