Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's everyone up to today?  (Read 82664 times)

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
Re: What's everyone up to today?
« Reply #315 on: October 09, 2012, 04:53:22 pm »
my eldest had a sleepover last year, she loved it and I think they all had a good time. It was over bonfire night weekend so we went and watched fireworks from top of our hill (except one girl was scared of fireworks even though they were 10 miles away) pizza for tea (same girl "I don't like pizza") did I scream?! nearly.  I never sleep properly when they have friends on a sleepover so I'm always grouchy next morning  ;)
There is always one girl isn't there Plums?  You try your best and then worry she'll go home and tell mum/dad she had a 'horrid' time!  Oh I remember my daughters' sleepovers very well.  Never got a wink of sleep.  Giggles and squeals all night, hairbrushes stuck in long hair (doing each others hair), two exciteable golden retrievers snaffling all the goodies, mobile phones ringing as they phoned each other in the same room (!), husband getting p'd off with me 'cos I can't keep them quiet and he wants to sleep, etc etc. And then its all over, they are grown up and I'm looking back knowing they had a darn good time.  Job done.  Roll on grandchildren, although I don't quite feel old enough yet  ;) .
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #316 on: October 09, 2012, 05:33:57 pm »
Waited in all morning for a bathroom fitter who never turned up!  I thought there was a recession on?  You'd think they would be biting my arm off!  Grrrr >:(

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #317 on: October 09, 2012, 05:40:03 pm »
Waited in all morning for a bathroom fitter who never turned up!  I thought there was a recession on?  You'd think they would be biting my arm off!  Grrrr >:(
we had a HUGE flood through our roof (prob's with valley gutter) not long ago. We phoned 8 plus EMERGENCY roofers and not one returned our call  >:(  even to say "i'm busy, will call tomorrow etc..." but no, nothing. Makes me mad. Eventually found a lovely one the next day and he not only phoned straight back but came round on a Sunday and did the job straight away.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #318 on: October 09, 2012, 08:02:58 pm »
Younger son moved back home ...... for the seventh time.  He lost his job though no fault of his own (but did get a pay off of sorts) and then had to leave his flat because housing benefit for under 35s is £44 a week because at that age they are expected to house share.  Anyone know of any house shares for under £60 a week cos I don't.

He has cooked dinner though - well I put a casserole in the slow cooker this morning but he's done the veg and is just dishing up.

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #319 on: October 09, 2012, 08:57:29 pm »
Younger son moved back home ...... for the seventh time.  He lost his job though no fault of his own (but did get a pay off of sorts) and then had to leave his flat because housing benefit for under 35s is £44 a week because at that age they are expected to house share.  Anyone know of any house shares for under £60 a week cos I don't.

He has cooked dinner though - well I put a casserole in the slow cooker this morning but he's done the veg and is just dishing up.
Sorry he's found himself in such a situation MGoM, but at least he is around to help you and OH out a little.  Are you training him up to milk the goat or is he already fully qualified?
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #320 on: October 09, 2012, 09:04:16 pm »

Sorry he's found himself in such a situation MGoM, but at least he is around to help you and OH out a little.  Are you training him up to milk the goat or is he already fully qualified?

He refuses to do the goats but he does walk the dogs and they don't get much in the way of walks these days.  He is also very houseproud and says he'll help round the house so I won't recognise the place soon.  He came down a couple of weeks ago just to help and my bathroom looked wonderful after he'd gone.   :thumbsup:

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #321 on: October 13, 2012, 12:48:04 am »
I've been off air for several days  my puter failed because I've been running back up and putting the results onto my hard drive . it apparently filled it to the point of the crash  .
 I've lost all sorts as it has been rebooted with the original backup DVD's  the last few days have ben spent  trying to get vista updates pack 1 & 2 onto the machine and sort out email ..who on earth remembers the BT password from nine years ago ?
 I'm now slowly working my way through a dozen or so CD/DVDs with my  prgrammes on them.
 I've had to upgrade internet explorer and have done a few hair pulling exercises because  quite a lot of things have change and are strange to work with. I've also lost thousands of picture files  of which some of the pictures went bqack to the 1890's
 :relief:  Still it could be worse though I'm trying to understand how  ;D
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #322 on: October 13, 2012, 07:51:50 am »
even if you formatted the hard drive the pictures can be recovered, maybe not all of them but certainly some.

look for picassa as a free down load and then tell it to search for all available images, its usually very effective.

stop loading anything else till this is done, the less you put on the more you can save!!!

kja

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #323 on: October 13, 2012, 08:12:18 am »
 :pig: we are just about to start packing and then loading the pigs before we set out for our last show of the year.
we can still learn if we are willing to listen.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #324 on: October 13, 2012, 10:41:04 am »
Being lazy, ponies fed and out but still all the stables to do. Emma-Louise coming for the school holidays so fingers crossed it does not rain every day.

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #325 on: October 13, 2012, 11:26:05 am »
well need to catch up while we were over in Oz
so clearing up garden.
deep cleaning the chickens/turkeys etc
and clearing out and prepping polytunnel......
well....... i'll just have a cuppa first :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
mx

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #326 on: October 13, 2012, 11:55:20 am »
enforcing child labour. Milli has cleaned the chicken sheds out with me, middle 2 have sorted washing, youngest believes she has escaped so far but I will find a job suitable for a 5 year old  ;)
Look of horror on eldest's face when she found a pile of 'pretty cards' and I told her she's guillotining them into cigar bands for soap wrapping  :innocent:
entertaining inlaws for lunch. and several piles of ironing later. magic.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #327 on: October 13, 2012, 12:29:14 pm »
trying to book the pantomime in edinburgh online - took nearly an hour to find decent seats, will be worth it though, its best laugh I have all year, much better than the ones that get televised  ;D
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #328 on: October 13, 2012, 12:59:57 pm »
Going shooting, find me some bunnys or wood pigeon for diner

fairhaven

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Norfolk
    • The Hazy Rainbow
« Reply #329 on: October 13, 2012, 01:23:01 pm »
I've just finished washing pumpkins for the day - Been helping out on a friends farm for the last week or two, and now that we've got most of the pumpkins in, they all need washing...   
Sheep: North Ronaldsay & 4 Horned Hebridean - We also breed & exhibit 3 breeds of rabbit - Chinchilla, Deilenaar (rare breed) & Colour Pointed English Angora.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS