Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's everyone up to today?  (Read 82414 times)

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
Re: What's everyone up to today?
« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2012, 08:29:15 pm »
Today me and my lovely OH were tourists for the day.  Lunch in Pateley Bridge and a trip down Stump Cross Caverns.  :excited:
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2012, 08:40:27 pm »
Watching wartime farm at mo
OH gone to bed  :unwell: poorly sick & dying(he has a cold ::) )
then gonna watch paralympics in bed, very windy here tonight but warm
mandy :pig:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2012, 10:43:06 pm »
My lovely friend, Demetria, came and did a wonderful job of clearing my very overgrown front garden.  Then she did the  milking, after I managed to persuade her to have a meal.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #168 on: September 07, 2012, 07:45:16 am »
Just having a quick caffeine boost as I've overslept (must get TAS fix though) drop girls at various schools, Make plum jam and plum chutney, check plum wine for mouse swimmers, pick more plums.
Lunch with my dad and his girlfriend at the chinese buffet  ;)  ironing...collect kidlets from school, make their tea, milk goat, collapse in heap. TFI friday - whoooooooooop!
[size=78%] [/size]
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #169 on: September 07, 2012, 10:00:46 am »
check plum wine for mouse swimmers

:o :o :o What am I missing here?

Managed an hours' tidying in the garden this morning, when the rain decided to stop... Check job ads (daily chore), drop off stuff at charity shop, go to work (4 hours in the afternoon). Not exactly exciting...

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #170 on: September 07, 2012, 10:12:36 am »
check plum wine for mouse swimmers

:o :o :o What am I missing here?

See other thread in Coffee house about 'its been a funny sort of day'  ;)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #171 on: September 07, 2012, 10:17:57 am »
Ah - poor wee fellow... What a way to go, though.

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #172 on: September 07, 2012, 01:17:02 pm »
Office this morning then on the train back to Wales.

Another weekend on my own. OH is off to Scotland with his Mum to empty their garden shed (including big chipper apparently  :excited: )

Apple chap is coming this evening to see how our new apple trees have fared over the summer and advise on this winter's pruning and planting.

It's a beautiful day here in Sandwell. Let's hope the weather continues same for Powys  :fc: :excited:
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #173 on: September 07, 2012, 01:28:03 pm »
Getting ready for our visitors, my brother and sister in law, due in around 2 hours time. Im just off to shower and wash my hair to try and look half alive...Im dead on my feet, we've been working so hard getting upstairs ready after all the renovations. Its still like a building site, but at least there is a lovely new bed there now!

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #174 on: September 07, 2012, 02:17:15 pm »
Making Rowanberry jelly  :yum:
Just having a breather while it's simmering - think OH & me went a bit ott foraging the other day - we've had to get 3 pans on the go  :eyelashes:
Oh-no - just thought of something - eek - will post in the foody section  ::)
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #175 on: September 07, 2012, 08:27:05 pm »
Just got back from repointing my mother's fireplace after a chimney flue repair.  Looks as good as new - just hoping it dries the same colour as the original.  OH was fixing her felt roof after a leak and the verdict is that she needs to replace the lot.  Oh dear, she wasn't too happy.
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #176 on: September 08, 2012, 07:55:33 am »
Doors Open Day in Angus today - we expect to be busy.

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #177 on: September 08, 2012, 08:24:22 am »
Taking the puppies to get their tails docked. Got to go to a different vet as mine was reluctant to do them, that was until I told him I was going elsewhere, then he back peddled and  said they were quite happy to do them.
OH says I have to get the batteries taken out whilst I'm there  :o
How do such little things make so much noise ? The only way they get away with it is by being so damn cute !!

Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #178 on: September 10, 2012, 02:21:15 pm »
Recovering after a weekend of constant talking and cooking for our guests. They left around 10am this morning, I was back in bed at 11.30 for 2.5 hours as I was feeling so tired. So apart from the animals, Im doing no work today and its salad for tea.
I dearly love my brother, but my sister in law is quite hard work. She talks CONSTANTLY from the minute she opens her eyes in the morning, till the moment she closes them again to go to sleep. She's a bit treble clef too, so she tends to shout. After a couple of days, it gets to be a bit much. Oh and I both think we've gone deaf ourselves now!!!
Still, they brought my Tesco order now so now all my cupboards and freezers are full to bursting!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #179 on: September 10, 2012, 04:24:29 pm »
Festival stuff  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS