Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's everyone up to today?  (Read 82589 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: What's everyone up to today?
« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2012, 09:58:09 pm »
I had a phone call this afternoon from my neighbour to say did I know my goats were in the garden eating my apples.  For someone who is struggling to move I was off the sofa fairly quickly (usually need help), shouting for OH. 

The horrible creatures had demolished the stock fencing, pushed over some hurdles and got through the fence.  Goodbye bean plants, half my cherry tree, a good chuck of pear tree and plum tree and some of the apple tree.  Most of the plums had been eaten and a lot of apples (too big to get in their mouths although teeth marks suggest they tried it) were on the ground. 

I grabbed a bucket and some dairy nuts and rushed outside (ok hobbled outside).  this attracted their attention and they gobble the lot while I got a lead on one and tried to hold the other one but I have no strength in my hands any more and they pulled away.  I managed to tie the hurdles over the gap while OH grabbed the baby and shoved her back in the yard.  Amazingly he managed to corner the other two and get them onto the patio where they couldn't do any damage.

At this they meekly strolled into their yard while I inspected the damage.  I think I'm glad that not much grew this year as there was less to wreck.  At least they hadn't got to the strawberry bed or found the blueberries although the bed with the squash plants has been well churned up.  by the time I got back into the house, they were lying in the sun discussing their impromptu feast.   :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2012, 10:02:02 pm »
MGM...  Curry... Curry... Curry...  ;D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #152 on: September 05, 2012, 10:03:18 pm »
Well, I had a lovely day!  But what I did is someone else's news, so I'll just have to wait for her to share her day...  ;D  (Where the heck is that spinning wheel emoticon?????)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #153 on: September 05, 2012, 10:15:29 pm »
feeling sorry for myself kids have infected me with their lurgy!!!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #154 on: September 06, 2012, 09:09:26 am »
Hope you feel better soon Bloomer  :bouquet:

Today...I am going to see Scouting for Girls at the release thingy of their new album! Taking 4 incredibly excited little girls with me (one of whom has been in their fan club since she was 4, she's now 9) and we are having their album signed etc. Don't know what they are planning to sing but Eloise is at school singing "She's so luvverly........"  :excited: [size=78%] [/size]
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2012, 10:18:19 am »
Im waiting to watch "This Morning" as they've got a bloke on who supposedly has the largest penis in the world. OH says they wont show it, but I'm hopeful!!!!! :fc: :excited: :excited: :roflanim:

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2012, 10:23:56 am »
in between coughing wheezing and feeling crap today i have to blitz my entire house as my mother arrives tonight for the weekend!!!

Oneeyedhen

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2012, 10:29:21 am »
I think I'll go put the telly on NMary, just curious of course  ;)

deepinthewoods

« Reply #158 on: September 06, 2012, 10:46:48 am »
just got back from my guest slot on 'this morning'.....
now to do some proper work.

Oneeyedhen

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2012, 10:57:34 am »
LOL  :roflanim:

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2012, 11:51:57 am »
school hols have been over here for 2 weeks, all back in the routine. Today I'll be cleaning out duck house and if I fancy more also the hens. Then get toys cleaned for car boot on Sunday (weather permitting). And finish a desk job I've been procrastinating over too long....then go food shopping, have not been in the real world for a week  ;D:&>

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2012, 12:13:57 pm »
Well, I had a lovely day!  But what I did is someone else's news, so I'll just have to wait for her to share her day...  ;D  (Where the heck is that spinning wheel emoticon?????)

Well I had the best day ever, yesterday, in the company of Sally. Learned how to spin ( but got a lot of practicing to do  to get to sally's standard  :D ) Met some lovely people, and came home with a spinning wheel of my own!!  :excited: still cannot believe it!! Thanks for a lovely day Sally  :-*

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2012, 06:10:35 pm »
just got back from my guest slot on 'this morning'.....
now to do some proper work.
So sorry I missed you DITW! I was so busy getting some cooking done for my brother's visit tomorrow, I completely forgot the time. Before I knew it, it was 1 o'clock.
Perhaps it was best that I didnt see it, after all you dont miss what you've never had do you? :roflanim:

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2012, 08:23:04 pm »
Sounds like what DITW's got can't be missed even if you wanted to  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2012, 08:26:38 pm »
I have just had a link to what DITW has apparently got, messaged to me on FB. I am shocked. I had to sit down!!  ;D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS