Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's everyone up to today?  (Read 82576 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: What's everyone up to today?
« Reply #180 on: September 10, 2012, 04:59:09 pm »
I have finally (I think) cracked the formula for a goats milk soap with zesty essential oils that can also be used for shaving thanks to a (not so) secret ingredient! One will be winging its way to Deep in the Woods for testing in the next fortnight, once its cured  ;D 
Oh and I made some teabags with goats milk potions in for the bath.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #181 on: September 10, 2012, 05:52:59 pm »
Tentatively backed two of the horses today.  They were little gems (or not so little as the case now is) and no injuries  :relief:  to my daughter (the braver of the two of us!) me or the horses.  Tomorrow it is our home bred 15.2hh little man's turn.  Can't believe he is 3 and a half yrs old already.
AND, I did my first ever foot trim of the sheepies  :thumbsup: .

Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2012, 06:07:02 pm »
I have finally (I think) cracked the formula for a goats milk soap with zesty essential oils that can also be used for shaving thanks to a (not so) secret ingredient! One will be winging its way to Deep in the Woods for testing in the next fortnight, once its cured  ;D 
Oh and I made some teabags with goats milk potions in for the bath.
excellent. im due my 6monthly bath, ill hold on till that gets here, thanks plums! :thumbsup:

today i chopped up a late 18c wardrobe and used the bits to make an 'art deco' wardrobe. the customer is always right......

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2012, 06:16:06 pm »
excellent. im due my 6monthly bath, ill hold on till that gets here

Just as well the wind's not from the south!  :o

I chopped up my father's old desk yesterday - it had been sitting outside for over three years; too wide for modern doors... A sad event.

And today I've started making another raised bed. Need some timber for the short sides now!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:13:59 am by Ina »

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #184 on: September 10, 2012, 06:29:07 pm »
Painting the outside of the house, that's the trouble with big white houses ............
they're big and they're white.

Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #185 on: September 10, 2012, 07:40:48 pm »
Did that once on a sunny day Moleskins, got sun blind, not much chance of that this year  8)
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

deepinthewoods

« Reply #186 on: September 11, 2012, 03:45:20 pm »
recovering. from root canal treatment, ouch. and a £200 / month rent increase. double ouch. ::)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #187 on: September 11, 2012, 04:21:27 pm »
spent all day at hospital for our youngest's teeth extractions - only pre-assessments, mind, not the actual surgery  ::) ::) :&>

MikeM

• Joined Jul 2011
  • NW Devon
« Reply #188 on: September 11, 2012, 05:22:42 pm »
ordered a skip this morning, then spent the rest of the day dreading digging up then filling it with 6 cubic meters of soil. I may be a bit tired over the next few days.

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #189 on: September 11, 2012, 06:52:44 pm »
Mucked various stuff out, and collected delivery of plenty of grouse guts, which I will be wormcounting on tomorrow!

Helen

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #190 on: September 11, 2012, 08:27:28 pm »
Spent most of the day experimenting on the viability of painting windows in the rain. The conclusion of this study is that it doesn't work. Took the cherry picker back and got a shock at the rental bill. Gone up since last time !!

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2012, 10:28:52 pm »
Set off to carlisle 7.30am yesterday, back  from auction and off to sisters birthday last night. Repacked sarni boxes and drinks etc. Bed. Back up early today and off to sherwood forest, Nottingham, with the dogs.

Celebrated 'Obi's ' first birthday with 8 out of 11 of his brothers and sisters ( and mum of course ) walking through sherwood forest.

Drove home for 4pm to get young son to birthday party.

Kids bathed and in bed. Washing and ironing caught up. Now finally sitting down relaxing on TAS  :relief:
Work tomorrow  :-[

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2012, 10:41:30 pm »
Is that all?

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2012, 10:46:22 pm »
Well, you know what it's like  :-J massage, manicure and toenails painted in-between times  to relieve the boredom  :roflanim:

Oneeyedhen

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #194 on: September 24, 2012, 11:27:29 am »
I'm sitting at he comuter reading lots of interesting things on TAS again....should be cleaning my house :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS