Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Stupid me! Sad day  (Read 18741 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Stupid me! Sad day
« on: June 03, 2012, 11:03:05 am »
Couldn't understand why there was no chorus when I went out the front door this morning -
was very stupid last night, forgot to shut my ducks in last night and Mr Fox got them all. My lovely Swedish Blue Drake, Jack, his Khaki Campbell wife, Jemima, and their three young daughters - hope our local farmer gets you Mr Fox and I hope you killed my poor ducks quickly. A dead youngster in the run was a good way of telling me your evil deeds. Thank goodness the hens were inside their shed. They'll be shut in from now on!

I HATE foxes!  They are NOT cuddly little furry things they are murderers!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

deepinthewoods

Re: Stupid me! Sad day
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 11:08:25 am »
sorry to hear that annie, they are buggers. :bouquet:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 11:11:20 am »
 :bouquet: Ah, so sorry to hear they have all been taken.
sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 11:16:26 am »
Could have been a vixen teaching cubs to kill, I once lost 17 in one morning years ago. So sorry for you Annie it is horrible and hope the farmers does get the fox as chances are it will be back for the chickens.  :bouquet:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 11:22:18 am »
Oh no  :-*  It's a rotten outcome for one little mistake  :-*

Fowlman

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 11:39:06 am »
I know how you feel i lost 33 in one night many years ago.
Tucked away on the downs in wiltshire.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 12:46:13 pm »
Oh so sorry.  :bouquet:   Big  (( hugs)) .

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 01:42:22 pm »
That's rubbish, it really is, I really feel for you, ducks are so lovely.  Maybe check around for other holes and things just in case it was stoats or something else too.  Sad day, tomorrow will be better  :-* :-* :-*
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Andrew

• Joined Dec 2007
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 01:53:26 pm »
Annie sorry to hear your news, as you know our ducks were originally from Jack and Jemima, we have a drake who is very like Jack in looks who is his grandson, he is running with khaki campbells and I would be more than happy to give you some eggs if you wish.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 02:23:28 pm »
Thank you, Andrew, I'll have a think about that.  I have 8 eggs here but there are pheasants in my incubator just now - due to hatch in a week I think. So maybe after that.  Much appreciated.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

NickiWilliams

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 03:18:32 pm »
So sorry to hear your news. Keeping all crossed that your local fox gets his karma. :'(

jools66

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Fife
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 03:53:32 pm »
My thoughts are with you. That is 1 of my big fears for my chickens and touch wood i have been lucky so far.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 06:11:37 pm »
My gundog has just been out in the front paddock and brought me back the other two youngsters (minus their heads), I sent him out a few times but he didn't find any more so the parents must have been taken away, presumably to feed cubs.  My son has just been over to put a new catch on the chicken shed door and a heavy wooden pop hole cover.  Just must make sure I shut them in every night.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 06:18:32 pm »
You got a phone or computer you can put a reminder in that will beep at you?

I've been trying to leave my runners in later in the morning, to get more eggs, but then I forget to let them out at all so I get my phone to beep and remind me

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 06:34:59 pm »
So sorry to hear that, we lost 3 chicken to the fox a while ago. Have someone that comes out to shoot rabbits and every time he comes out the fox never shows his face. But his days are numbered

Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS