Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Stupid me! Sad day  (Read 18710 times)

wonderpupp

• Joined Dec 2010
Re: Stupid me! Sad day
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2012, 09:47:56 am »
Sorry to hear that, but lesson learned, you will never forget to shup up your birds at night ever again.

We had a fox left three headless runner ducks in the run. Worst thing was they dont kill to eat, just for fun from the looks of it.

And my farmer next door actually feeds the fox. Fortunately, my fox terrier and Jack Russell have had a couple of run-ins when mr Fox has come into the garden at night, and Now we have Colin the sheep on patrol, the fox leaves us alone. See the sheep, hear the dog, thinks to himself "not worth it"

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
Re: Stupid me! Sad day
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2012, 09:58:01 am »
After losing countless chooks to Mr Fox by having my girls free ranging, we had to make the decision to pen them in. I too forgot one night to shut the little flap to their house, and to compound the problem, I forgot to put the electric fence on. The following morning, I found 1 body and feathers of 2 others. Ive learnt my lesson now, never to leave anything to chance. Ive even got out of bed at midnight before now after realising Ive forgotten to lock them in.
No more free dinners from us for Fox.
Sorry I havent sent you hugs and condolences before now doganjo. I cant imagine the loss you must be feeling. :bouquet:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS