Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: pedigree breeding  (Read 30400 times)

robert waddell

Re: pedigree breeding
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2012, 10:17:41 am »
angusog from your ramblings i did understand that was were you had purchased your dog

you may not have found my posting to be that interesting but you have read them  ;)

i read the vast majority of postings and just because some are deemed uninteresting by a minority that does not excuse the likes of yourself to post your views on any particular poster

no mention of you or your dog other than Rosemary's post has been made until you came in shouldering your way to the front :farmer:

Simple Simon

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2012, 11:54:40 am »
You did start this thread with the stated intention of being contentious Robert, so that would the be the pot calling the kettle black then?

robert waddell

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2012, 12:33:55 pm »
yes SS anything to do with dogs is contentious that is why i stated that  the administrators would be running for cover

no inference was made to a particular purchaser until aengusog came charging in claiming it was all about them

with breeding of any animal there are those that are trying to improve there breed and unfortunately far to many that are in it for the money churning out imperfect examples with health issues just for the cuttsie factor
that was the point of the original post :farmer:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2012, 01:03:58 pm »
with breeding of any animal there are those that are trying to improve there breed and unfortunately far to many that are in it for the money churning out imperfect examples with health issues just for the cuttsie factor
Have to agree with this, Robert .......... again  ::)   and not just the cute factor either - the mundane and easy to sell factor - like labradors, spaniels, yorkies, cockapoos, doodles etc
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2012, 03:15:14 pm »
the question about CKC  i went on the site mentioned  all very informative until i came to the endorsement bit

Robert, can you please point me to the original thread about Cavaliers?

AengusOg

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2012, 03:38:21 pm »
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 04:15:02 pm by AengusOg »

AengusOg

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2012, 04:12:51 pm »

that does not excuse the likes of yourself to post your views on any particular poster

Yet it seems you can post your views on Mr Fitzsimmons with impunity?

no inference was made to a particular purchaser until aengusog came charging in claiming it was all about them

Read the original thread on CKC spaniels...the one which triggered your rant, remember?

no mention of you or your dog other than Rosemary's post has been made until you came in shouldering your way to the front

I didn't shoulder my way anywhere; I was put at 'the front' by Rosemary's references to the breeder from whom I bought my pup, coupled with the fact that my pup was named in reply #1 in the original thread. I was keen to make my views clear, as I certainly didn't want the breeder to get the impression that I subscibe to yours.

In case you still don't get it...Rosemary made an enquiry of us as to where we got our pup. She made no reference to the fact that she wanted the information to post on her forum, and we gave the information on the assumption that she was making a private enquiry. As it happened, the information was for 'Goldcraig', and would have been better PM'd to that person. However, my wife recently googled the name of the breeder of our pup and saw a reference to this forum. That was why I felt the need to clarify my position.

I doubt whether our future dealings with Mr Fitzsimmons will have been compromised, but we could have done without all this, frankly.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 04:50:35 pm by AengusOg »

Bill the brew

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2012, 04:57:24 pm »
I have read a few posts  and seen this subject is "touchy" all I can say is people should never bring personal battles to a forum like this.

Simple Simon

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2012, 06:56:54 pm »
This thread does not play well.  It reflects no credit on the forum.

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2012, 07:41:01 pm »
Thankfully this thread (and a couple of similar ones) seems to be the odd one out in the general atmosphere of the forum. Must admit I'm hopeless at following muffled conversation, so generally puzzled here!

robert waddell

« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2012, 12:05:25 am »
aengusog who the France is Mr fitzimmones i have never mentioned him
there must be something lacking in your life to come on here and twist this to suit your self
and yorkshire lass i am puzzled as well  :farmer:

Bill the brew

« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2012, 08:19:01 am »
I smell manure stirring by some one  :innocent:........ I keep reading a few threads and cannot make sense of them, I am sure some one puts things then takes them off again, just to cause trouble...some people had dull sad lives....well I am off to work ta tar!!

Just before I go, maybe AengusOg should try to remember who has told about Mr fitzimmones , thats an unusual name and now a lot of people on here will be looking it up, I never saw it mentioned either but I have suspicions that  some one has put that name on this post but then taken it off.....I have met people like that before and while they are posting on here I will not bother....I think I will go some where else for info!!!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:54:21 am by Bill the brew »

Goldcraig

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Ayrshire
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2012, 09:02:18 am »
I wish I never asked .......... >:(
Trust me.....I'm a Chef !!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2012, 09:35:53 am »
Oh Bill, that's a shame - the majority of forum users are lovely!! Please don't go because of one thread that turned.
There is an ignore option where you can ignore the posts of anyone you find offensive, I'm not sure how to implement it but I'm sure someone can tell us how to do it? 

I am concerned though that if a breeder has been named in a negative way perhaps this thread should be edited as it seems unfair and could have legal implications? 
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2012, 10:07:50 am »
OK, now I'm getting a little fed up with this since I seem to have been in some way "implicated" in "wrongdoing". I therefore missed most of the football going back thought this thread and the original request by Goldcraig.

Goldcraig was seeking a CKC. A "friend" of mine (AengusOg) has a beautiful one and I knew she'd done loads of research to be sure that the puppy had no health problems. I asked her for the name of the breeder, which I then posted for Goldcraig's benefit and for anyone else seeking a CKC. I did not seek my friend's permission to post the information - perhaps I should have, since my failure to do so has clearly upset her. I did not mention my "friend's" name although I did include the name of the puppy, is saying how wonderful she was.

There was then the usual posts from other folk about making sure the pups are healthy etc etc. There is nothing controversial on the original thread, IMHO. If you google the name of the breeder's website / kennel name, which was in my post, the original TAS thread lists about seventh.

Robert then started THIS thread about endorsements. His interest in this seems to have been piqued by something on the website of the CKC breeder I told Goldcraig about. He, and others, have an unfavourable view of endorsements. Others view them as good things. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

At no time did Robert link back to the original thread and no-one on this thread had named any particular breeder and a number of different breeds have been mentioned.

The only link to the original thread (which I couldn't even find) or mention of the CKC's breeder's name has been made by AengusOg. No-one had been derogatory of the breeder - some people have expressed reservations about the practice of endorsements; others have been supportive of the practice.

It's a real shame if the actions of a few spoil the forums for others. I find myself in the rather unusual position of defending Robert, who has spent more time in the "naughty chair" than anyone on TAS, but that's life.

This thread is now locked.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS