Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: CKC Pups  (Read 11470 times)

Goldcraig

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Ayrshire
CKC Pups
« on: April 22, 2012, 08:15:53 am »
I have been on the KC website and can only see 1 breeder of Cav King Charles in Scotland (maybe they only show the ones with litters available just now), so was wondering if the people on here who know a thing or two, about a thing or two could offer any advice or contacts for CKC Breeders in Scotland??, muchas grassyarse
Trust me.....I'm a Chef !!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: CKC Pups
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 08:55:46 am »
A friend of mine has a young CKC - I'll text her and ask for details of the breeder.

Honey (the puppy not the friend) is absolutely gorgeous and a CKC would be my choice for our next dog. Not sure it's Dan's though  ;D

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 09:04:14 am »
There is also a list of people in regions around Scotland on the ckcs rescue and welfare website.

The rescue people are often breeders themselves.

Sorry don't know how to paste the details.

Goldcraig

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Ayrshire
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 09:09:44 am »
Great....many thanks for the quick response.... :thumbsup:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 09:54:47 am »
Goldcraig, my friend bought her puppy from Paul Fitzsimmons - his website is Glendream Border Collies. She's not sure if he still breeds CKC but he'd be worth a try.

Good luck  :thumbsup:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 10:46:00 am »
Goldcraig, my friend bought her puppy from Paul Fitzsimmons - his website is Glendream Border Collies. She's not sure if he still breeds CKC but he'd be worth a try.

Good luck  :thumbsup:
I think he probably is, my friends and I took a new stud dog home for him when we were at Crufts. Looked a lovely dog and super temperament - came home with us four girls and a car full of dogs with no hassle - called Dillon.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Goldcraig

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Ayrshire
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 11:25:08 am »
I can't seem to find the website (if there is one) do you happen to have an email address you could PM me??, thanks

robert waddell

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 11:44:19 am »
yes there is a web site  but it is not top of the page   and very interesting as well     i am going to comment on it in a new post shortly :farmer:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 12:20:27 pm »
 Www.cavalierrescue.co.uk

I googled cavalier rescue when you enquired this morning,  and thought this site may help,knowing that breeders often run rescues alongside their own dogs.

Another site is www.champdogs.co.uk regularly used by breeders. Bit be careful, research well.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 12:29:13 pm by Mammyshaz »

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 12:23:49 pm »
Im sure youve all researched it but do watch out for the well publicised awful health issues that some CKCs suffer from. Hopefully all dogs are screened and none bred from with them now but some of the (KC) breeders didnt seem to be following that for a long time.....

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 03:49:45 pm »
It's not always breeders that have pups, quite a lot of dogs are bred by people with a pet bitch or two - and those people may not have heard of Syringomyelia, let alone realised the importance or had the forethought to have their dogs tested for it
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 05:09:23 pm »
I would suggest going to an accredited or, at least, a well known and trusted breeder. You may have to travel to find a good puppy. :)

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 10:13:47 pm »
It's not always breeders that have pups, quite a lot of dogs are bred by people with a pet bitch or two - and those people may not have heard of Syringomyelia, let alone realised the importance or had the forethought to have their dogs tested for it
I consider a 'breeder' as someone who breeds dogs either as a hobby or as a business, either way, someone who does it on a regular basis.
People in the next road to me have 2 dogs, 18 months old and one is on steroids for a liver condition. Their previous 2 dogs had to be destroyed at about 3 yrs because of a liver condition. I stand to be corrected but I think there may have been 2 dogs before that, same problem. All from the same 'breeder'. So much for that.........
Why do you have to always have a sideswipe at 'people with a pet bitch' ?
Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 10:45:42 pm »
I would have the same criteria as you, Moleskins, for defining a breeder,  I was really talking about the 'one off' ones.  Perhaps I have jaundiced view because of what I have encountered over the  last 50 years or so.  I have noticed that many people with one pet bitch want to have a litter because
it would be good for the bitch (vets often come up with this one)
a pup from her would be nice
would be lovely to have little cuddly puppies
would pay for the garage roof to be fixed.

But I know everyone has to start somewhere, with one dog, and I know I'm generalising, it's just what I've found, and I suppose there may probably be just as many who DO check the health recommendations as don't.  I don't mean to pick on any one person.

How many people knew of this disease before that TV programme was shown I wonder?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:49:52 pm by doganjo »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS