Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: what ya doing this weekend?  (Read 31687 times)

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
Re: what ya doing this weekend?
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2012, 06:05:58 pm »
Yeah - this lot were in fine fettle - lots of roots. A bit late in the year .... So we shall see.... But hazel is very biddable.
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Mel Rice

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2012, 11:05:01 am »
We had winter again over the Easter weekend. Lots of white stuff on the ground when we awoke Sunday morning. We did go and watch the 'Easter Riding'....its a local Easter sunday procession. Many pairs of horses (64) all ridden by men in frock coats and top hats, carrying church banners and singing hymns between two villages.  There are about eight different lots all around the local area. The horses are all poshed up with matching saddle cloths, bridles and mane/tail decorations....really lovely. But it was so cold we only saw the one lot leave then hurried home to the nice warm fire.

I was going to do some vege patch work this morning (easter monday) But there was a very heavy frost (inch+ of ice on outdoor buckets) so I think we might just go out again and find nice cafe or something!

There is always tomorrow!

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2012, 11:45:46 am »
we had some visitors from Australia over the weekend so nothing but eating and drinking was done! now it is a washout so just waiting for the football to start making 5 spice powder and chat massala powder for when it gets very busy again. should be a break in the weather at some point this week. think tomorrow will be greenhouse work and get some tomato plants in and make a bit of room for the other plants. always something to do once my head feels a little better.
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2012, 12:44:52 pm »
I'm home alone and trying to mix up the heavy work.
1. Cutting wood, dragging it back then splitting it.
2. Expanding the garden into where the pigs were ( ground is like rock - pig wear and no rain for weeks).
3. Lifting thick layers of rock hard manure off a very uneven barn stone floor. ( soaking some in buckets so I can chuck on the new garden).

Back aches when I get up but a few drugs gets me going !
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Mel

« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2012, 12:54:34 pm »
Raining all day and most of the weekend here,it is only light but enough to soak you if you are out too long,today I have raked the ground level ready to put another base down for yet another greenhouse,I may even put this one straight on top and grow right out of the soil??obviously put some slabs or bricks around  though it may not need it....mmmm.??

Have to pop out  to get some two stroke for the chainsaw and a few supplies so can hopefully do more tomorrow if the weather is good!

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2012, 02:12:15 pm »
As the pigs went on Thursday I have been cleaning up their paddock and Ark.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS