Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: what ya doing this weekend?  (Read 31714 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: what ya doing this weekend?
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2012, 05:56:24 pm »
so ... did everybody get done all the jobs they planned to?

I know I didn't!
Rain, both of us still full of cold/flu and an injured foot (think I might have broken my big toe - its now very black!) so just hobbled round doing the basics.
I did buy some shed paint - shame the weather wasn't fit to actually use it ::)
ah well, tomorrows another day :)
Little Blue

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2012, 06:03:16 pm »
oh no little blue - what happened to your toe?

and no...jobs not done ;0)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2012, 06:13:41 pm »
oh no little blue - what happened to your toe?

and no...jobs not done ;0)

To be honest .. I have absolutley no idea!
When I think of all the times I have banged my foot, been stood on by dog/goat/pig etc, kicked stuff, forgotten its only my wellies & dockers that have steel toe caps!

I took my welly off Friday evening, washed my hands, turned to get a towel ... and suddenly was in agony!

I can't walk on it without severe pain, though its only just come out bruised today.
There's abit of a lump at the joint, ok to touch but can't weight bear.

Don't think I'll be walking the 5 miles to work tomorrow, better get  a lift!
Little Blue

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2012, 06:29:05 pm »
Do you think you need to get it looked at?! it sounds pretty horrible!!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2012, 06:34:46 pm »
nah, it'll be fine ... but thanks for asking!
:)
Little Blue

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2012, 07:30:17 pm »
Lol Bazzais.

For me, it's a chance to do some real work instead of having to sit at a desk all week.

This weekend, I want to muck out 2 goat pens, but I will have to fit in around the normal chores as well as friends coming to visit so we can disbud their kids, and my niece's birthday party. Have pc work to catch up on, and I could do with doing some more of the desk job as well.

Beth

Did all of the above, plus disbudded my two boy kids, and cut two of the milkers feet. Oh and dropped the oldest kids to 3 feeds a day and converted them to a pan instead of a bottle.
Haven't done much of the pc work and none of the desk job!

Beth

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2012, 09:36:30 pm »
not everything but did well! and just ate the best pot roast chicken ever! but the lunchtime snow stopped me in my tracks!  :D
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2012, 11:31:24 pm »
Ruth have you been kicking Jason again?  ;D

I did get all done that I intended - five hours on my college work.  Too wet to do anything outside other than the milking/feeding.

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2012, 04:10:19 am »
Cant remember what I did out the norm - but did have a great sunday dinner in the village :) - all that was left was pork by the time we had arrived but i was so hungry I didnt even notice I'd eaten the apple sauce - and god I hate apple sauce.

We had a bright afternoon here :)

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2012, 09:08:41 am »
This weekend coming I will be:

• putting up the espalier posts for the apples
  • putting spiral gurads around the willows and hedging sticks
  • clearing the side of the field shelter in preparation for a lean-to
  • planting the new strawberry plants
and I'm meant to be helping doing some clearance work at the local railway preservation group with DH but I haven't got around to preparing the blade on my bush scythe so we might just go armed with noisy machinery.

I like posting up my jobs on this forum because it really adds an extra leg to my committment to do the things that I have listed.[/list]
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2012, 09:34:57 am »

I like posting up my jobs on this forum because it really adds an extra leg to my committment to do the things that I have listed.[/list]

couldn't agree more mate, got to get on with it then lol!  :thumbsup:
    1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
    • Clackmannanshire
    • Qui? Moi?
      • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
      • Facebook
    « Reply #56 on: March 06, 2012, 09:48:43 am »
    Weekend off for me except for  the basics. Recuperating from the long journey down to the NEC for Crufts on Friday, then watching it on TV Sat & Sun..
    Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
    • Telford
    « Reply #57 on: March 06, 2012, 10:49:25 pm »
    I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow let alone next weekend.  Actually, I do.  I've got a hospital appointment then I'm trawling the charity shops looking for wool to knit with. Thursday?  Not a clue although I really ought to go and buy a trailer load of hay for the girls.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
    • Oxfordshire
    « Reply #58 on: March 10, 2012, 12:58:36 am »
    started laying the carpet tiles in the bathroom today and did very well! so while i have my boy Byron in the herb garden weeding i will be doing the rest of the tiles. then after lunch it will be splitting wood and planting seeds. so much coming up at the moment seems like spring is here! got to tighten my sump plug on the hilux as it is leaking a bit of the slippery stuff  :thumbsup:

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
    • South Aberdeenshire
    « Reply #59 on: March 10, 2012, 07:55:17 am »
    Sill haven't done that Christmas parcel!  :-\ Ah well, there'll be another one soon enough... ;D

Just off to my Saturday job. And tomorrow, hopefully, a lot of work in the garden.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS