Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: what ya doing this weekend?  (Read 31603 times)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
what ya doing this weekend?
« on: March 02, 2012, 09:41:00 am »
just what to see if this works for anyone here. just to get an idea of everyones plans for their land when there may be a little help around. works well on another Hilux orientated forum

i have my 15 year old lad Byron with me tomorrow so cut the grass for the first time this year and empty the clippings onto the hugelkultur and if the rain stays off then might even get to close the beds with todays top soil delivery. think i might get the pot holes sorted in the lane to my land too. how about you?  :farmer:
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
Re: what ya doing this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 09:44:05 am »
just what to see if this works for anyone here. just to get an idea of everyones plans for their land when there may be a little help around. works well on another Hilux orientated forum

i have my 15 year old lad Byron with me tomorrow so cut the grass for the first time this year and empty the clippings onto the hugelkultur and if the rain stays off then might even get to close the beds with todays top soil delivery. think i might get the pot holes sorted in the lane to my land too. how about you?  :farmer:

oh and going to bottle my demijohn of mead too.  :yum:
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 09:51:10 am »
So long as rain stays off will help OH put up low mesh fencing around all veg patches as new pup has taken to digging to Australia!!   ::)

tobytoby

• Joined May 2011
  • north ayrshire
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 09:56:30 am »
800m of stock fencing - lets hope it stays dry?? ???

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 09:56:46 am »
So long as rain stays off will help OH put up low mesh fencing around all veg patches as new pup has taken to digging to Australia!!   ::)

it never ends does it lol!  :D

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 09:57:39 am »
800m of stock fencing - lets hope it stays dry?? ???

ouch, better get the radox in before hand! 800m!! good luck!  :thumbsup:

Mel Rice

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 10:00:59 am »
Ive already done the morning feeding and mucked out the horse. I pulled the two quail pens outside for the first time this year( had temps above freezing all week!)

When ive finished my morning playing on the computer Ive got to hang out the washing (theres lots as its the first dry day in a week) Then clear out the workshop where the Quail were, Ive got a new Ikea Billy to make up and the room its going in to clean. I told myself I would finish painting a window frame I started the other day. Ive also prommised the bunnies I would clean all 12 of them out today.

But I might just sit and spin or card wool...at least until the next round of animal jobs.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 10:02:22 am »
Ive already done the morning feeding and mucked out the horse. I pulled the two quail pens outside for the first time this year( had temps above freezing all week!)

When ive finished my morning playing on the computer Ive got to hang out the washing (theres lots as its the first dry day in a week) Then clear out the workshop where the Quail were, Ive got a new Ikea Billy to make up and the room its going in to clean. I told myself I would finish painting a window frame I started the other day. Ive also prommised the bunnies I would clean all 12 of them out today.

But I might just sit and spin or card wool...at least until the next round of animal jobs.

just a quiet one then!  ;)

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 10:24:11 am »
This weekend me and other half will be cutting, splitting and hauling fire wood, half the log shed needs refilling. Then we will be setting up lights in the quail run to encourage them to start laying for Easter. Then we will be building a set of steps up to the chicken house so I can reach it to clean them out properly (I'm vertically challenged). Finely we will be fitting our new shower.  Don't think I've forgotten anything.   

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 04:34:18 pm »
If it stays dry - Mucking out the goatshed - last done sometime in October....that's after we have built the new muck heap walls from pallets and fence posts....

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 04:55:27 pm »
Whats a weekend?

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 04:56:40 pm »
Oh its that time that the people you employ dont come in to work isnt it!?

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 05:45:34 pm »
Planting apple trees - 26 done last weekend, only 37 to go...

And bloomer's coming to visit so we might get the lot in tomorrow.  :D

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 05:50:57 pm »
Lol Bazzais.

For me, it's a chance to do some real work instead of having to sit at a desk all week.

This weekend, I want to muck out 2 goat pens, but I will have to fit in around the normal chores as well as friends coming to visit so we can disbud their kids, and my niece's birthday party. Have pc work to catch up on, and I could do with doing some more of the desk job as well.

Beth

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 06:00:06 pm »
Planting apple trees - 26 done last weekend, only 37 to go...

And bloomer's coming to visit so we might get the lot in tomorrow.  :D

im up for it we'll dig some holes if you like :-) i'll at least put my work boots in the car!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS