Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bamford Wuffler  (Read 21891 times)

old ploughman

• Joined Jun 2010
Re: Bamford Wuffler
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 08:56:52 pm »
Try these guys -

County & Bamford Spares
Sharrocks Street
Wolverhampton
West Midlands WV1 3RP

01902 454505

I think it is still run by a chap called Keith Marsh

This, from page 1  :)

Odin

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Huddersfield
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 07:43:20 pm »
Got hold of Keith Marsh eventually, bit of a wild goose chase but his number is 07790352701. He can sort me out with a belt, so thank you very much for that one. A success for the ASH web site.  :trophy:
A man who cannot till the soil cannot till his own soul !
A son of the soil .

old ploughman

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 08:17:37 pm »
Well done!

philiptractor

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012, 11:17:12 pm »
I have a wuffler for sale! in working order, tyres are full of air, used last season, some tines missing however, although it does the job really well.
I put a new belt on about 3years ago. will sell for the suggested sum of £200.00   would sell belt for £100.00

Tel: Philip 07860 538 688

Scathel

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 02:07:14 pm »
Sorry for bringing up an old thread being my first post and that but I have a query regarding County & Bamford and Keith Marsh and it's Wuffler related; and as this thread is pretty high on Google ranking I may as well make use of that too for any future queries of the same ilk.

I'm off to view a Lister Wuffler this week and the belt is at it's maximum adjustment.  I've just called County and Bamford and they tell me that they don't do belts for the Wuffler any more and that Mr Marsh no longer works for them (some five years or so in fact).

Odin, was Mr Marsh ok with you calling him up out of the blue on his mobile regarding a belt for the Bamford? 

The advantage with the Lister over the Bamford is that the belt is much shorter but I can't find any trace of one online; I'm very new to the whole vintage machinery scene, so could somebody kindly offer some advice as to where to look?

I have had the thought of a couple of sprockets and a chain to replace the belt/pulleys; is this sacrilege in the vintage world or a workable solution to an unobtainable part?

Many thanks

Steve

Hassle

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 02:18:33 pm »

Scathel

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 02:48:38 pm »
Thanks for the quick response Hassle

I've been looking on there for a couple of weeks now (as it's been a few weeks of tracking down the owner of the Lister I found in a shed close to me) so sadly it's a Lister belt I need, not a Bamford - but ta anyway!

Odin

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Huddersfield
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2013, 08:29:51 pm »
Sorry for a late reply but not been on the site for a while, busy playing at 'farming'.
I did phone Keith and he had the belt. However the Wuffler has gone on to the back burner as other equipment has taken precedence. I will get the Wuffler running but not for a while. :fc:
A man who cannot till the soil cannot till his own soul !
A son of the soil .

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS