Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bamford Wuffler  (Read 21861 times)

Odin

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Huddersfield
Re: Bamford Wuffler
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 08:34:26 pm »
Not heard of a Wizzler , so what was that then ? Also, I've never seen any Bamford literature so that sounds both interesting and valuable. I believe that Bamford bailers and Jones bailers ended up as one and the same?
Regarding the belt at 90 degrees, it runs on big jockey wheels.
A man who cannot till the soil cannot till his own soul !
A son of the soil .

robert waddell

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 08:45:11 pm »
yes but the artist did not draw them
Jones and Allis Chalmers were the same just different paint    bamford just disappeared  will try the teckie ones to post
the leaflets from the early sixty's are worth a fortune some were sold on e blag for hundreds :farmer:

old ploughman

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 09:02:12 pm »
Bamford wizzler was a 4 (?) drum grass mower.

Are the old leaflets really worth a lot of money? I have a couple of boxes of original sales leaflets from late 50's and early 60's  :thumbsup:

robert waddell

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 09:22:03 pm »
what leaflets do you have ploughman         yes the wizzler was a four drum turbo mower  i think the first of them it says in the leaflet that the reciprocating mower had been going for 100 years must have been better made then :D :farmer:

old ploughman

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 11:46:58 pm »
Basically its an archive of all the sales leaflets from machinery exhibitors at the Smithfield show in the 50's and 60's and even some from the 70's. It was usually the job of one of the junior sales staff to visit all the competitors stands to collect all their sales literature for the design/engineering department to study. Everything from the very early direct chop 'Hurricane' type forage harvesters up to conventional balers such as Class,Hesston, Welger etc in the 70's. Has my ship come in?

robert waddell

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 10:31:16 am »
is it just the machinery ones you have      are there tractor ones as well      you just cant tell till the final bid has been placed     some recent sales on the net  were to say the least jaw dropping    i noted the prices  but Lillian has cleared up    very unusual for her obviously         they should be in mint condition which sells better  :farmer:

old ploughman

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 07:43:19 pm »
Very few if any tractor ones I think - although having said that, I have a feeling there is what must be a proof/ mock-up of the leaflet for the 'Bamford' tractor - they were going to rebadge an Eastern European tractor similar to the Ursus at one stage - I bet that one is rare?

robert waddell

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 08:31:00 pm »
never knew that      it would be rare then   some of the Massey supplements in farmer and stockbreeder are worth a fortune  all it needs is two people wanting them and the price goes up     years ago i said to a salesman friend that the collection i had was worth about £7000          the prices that they made recently i have underestimated the value  :farmer:

old ploughman

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 09:09:35 pm »
I had better get in the garage in the morning  ;D

Odin

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Huddersfield
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 07:24:34 am »
I collected literature through the 1970s' into the 80s' with a pal. Recently he started to sell his collection on e-bay and raised a lot of money. The interesting thing is that flash cars do not get much interest and have little value, probably because every kid got their hands on them, however, agricultural, plant and HGV are rare and prices are into tens, 20s' and sometimes 50's. So if you have a collection and you start to DRIP-FEED it onto e-bay you will soon find yourself with over a hundred quid and depending what you have and how much of it, a thousand. Because I collected more agri/plant/HGV, most of it now sold by my old pal for me, I have certainly had a grand back, which I have spent on buying the real things and made work !
Hence the Wuffler, finger bar mower, bailer, ploughs and arable equip has been paid for from literature sales.
Never seen any Bamford literature.
A son of the soil .

robert waddell

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2012, 09:47:58 am »
i don't have the prices to hand   but some of them recently were 2-3 hundred pounds each     a handfull and i mean a handfull that i keep referring to made thousands  on the blag
the proper ford key  about 10-20 pounds and they are constantly on   badges as well also sell
bamford made balers   at least 3 of them  roller mills and systems finger bar mowers and the wizzler
anybody remember Scottish company's   wallace newlands inchgreen (they made diggers)  then rare ones Bristol dutra Holden  tractors      fisher Humphrey's  new idea gehl Allis Chalmers Jones
i did have a collection of car and hgv leaflets from the 60s through but burned them as the collection was to large  if ever i had  made a mistake that was it
but that is why they are making the money they were free and then chucked just where do you get the formation on these innovations of farm machinery just the same as dinky toys or train sets :farmer:

robert waddell

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2012, 05:13:15 pm »
ford 2000 leaflet24.99 ford 3000 leaflet35.99 ford 4000 leaflet46.00 ford 5000£41.00 ford selecto speed leaflet £26.10  all from 64-65 year
international 275 £26.99 international 614 £26.00
mf130£36 mf 135 £56 mf 165 £72 mf 175 £78   wall chart of mf equipment £72 all from 64-65 years
mf supplement farmer and stockbreeder £21 mf trailer10.50 mf 712 spreader £21 mf 20 baler£36 mf711 potato harvester£23.56
nuffield 10/42 10/60 leaflet £40   nuffield price list £30
there was also county and doe leaflets they were dearer  not bad prices for something that was free :farmer:

ser3dan

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 07:34:44 pm »
he may be missed out some vital part on the fordson getting winched through the ford :farmer:
Like the rope coming off the back of the winch/Tirfor?  ;) Very well spotted, and I did think that if anyone could work out what was going on in that picture it would be you Robert!  ;D

old ploughman

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 08:03:41 pm »
Odin, did you have any joy with the County and Bamfords spares details I posted?

Odin

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Huddersfield
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 08:52:22 pm »
Sorry, not received any detail ? I did try the belt firm in Leigh, Lancashire, however, they need to see the example. So I will take it over when passing that way. Where did you post the spares detail ?
A son of the soil .

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS