Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bamford Wuffler  (Read 21892 times)

Odin

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Huddersfield
Bamford Wuffler
« on: January 06, 2012, 09:04:03 pm »
I am looking for a V belt for a Bamford Wuffler. These are no ordinary belt , I have tried all tried all the usual belt/transmission drive firms and non can come up with one. Does anyone know of a past Bamford dealer or a firm that makes belts to order?
A man who cannot till the soil cannot till his own soul !
A son of the soil .

ser3dan

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: Bamford Wuffler
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 04:58:47 pm »
Hi Odin,
What makes it special? I know sometimes different companies use odd lengths, to try and make you buy the part from them. Is it cogged on the inside? If so then you can just replace it with a smooth one.
The company I use for belts, seals and bearings is Simply Bearings and they have a page for V belts - it's usually just a case of measuring width, height and length and they should be able to help. ( I have a suspicion I'm teaching you to suck eggs about belts though! ).
The other thing I have come across is companies using odd length belts - you can usually overcome this by taking the tensioner right out which brings it into a standard range.

Dan.

Edited to add

Here's the direct link to the V belt page V belts
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:01:49 pm by ser3dan »

Odin

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Huddersfield
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 07:54:02 pm »
Cheers Dan for that link, I have contacted them and they are looking into it. The belt is some what exceptional in size and length, none of the bearing & belt supply firms that I have contacted can come up with anything.
Regards
Rob
A son of the soil .

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 09:05:27 pm »
I'm sorry, I can be of no use to this thread  :(

However, I would love to own a Bamford Wuffler.....................even though I have no idea what one is. What a brilliant name for ........................... anything  :)

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

ser3dan

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 07:59:12 pm »
If Simply Bearings can't help you out ( and I recon they will ) then if you give me the measurements I'll ring the guys I used to work with in the North West and see if they can come up with anything.  :)

Dan.

Odin

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Huddersfield
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 09:07:38 pm »
If you do not know what a Bamford Wuffler is, go on U Tube, I have seen one on there working on a Grey Fergy. It had to be one of the best jobs at hay time, all changed now. When I get a photo of one I will post it, but if you can find one £200 should buy a working machine, you just need a classic little tractor then, do yer want one ?  :yum:
A son of the soil .

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 08:09:07 am »
Thanks Odin but it would be wasted in my 3 bed semi in Birmingham.

I did google it and it seems to be a gracking machine. You learn something every day.

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

mab

• Joined Mar 2009
  • carmarthenshire
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 07:51:46 pm »
I'm sorry, I can be of no use to this thread  :(

However, I would love to own a Bamford Wuffler.....................even though I have no idea what one is. What a brilliant name for ........................... anything  :)

Ian

;D ;D

for some reason, it makes me think of the west country locals telling tales on dark, stormy nights of the 'bamford wuffler', probably prowling exmoor and waylaying unwary travellers - but that's just me.

Sorry Odin, that's no help to you either.

Odin

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Huddersfield
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 08:21:53 pm »
You probably bang on for West Country boyz, up ere in t'north, it would be "stick to road, or t'wuffler will 'ave yer" ! Only comes into its' own in a field.
A son of the soil .

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 09:23:19 pm »
I loved the name too. But ah, for wuffling. Now the penny drops  :D

ser3dan

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 06:42:34 pm »
As mentioned in another post, my parents have a set of placemats with different tractors on - I went to visit them the weekend just gone, and saw this one and thought of Odin!

old ploughman

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 09:38:51 pm »
Try these guys -

County & Bamford Spares
Sharrocks Street
Wolverhampton
West Midlands WV1 3RP

01902 454505

I think it is still run by a chap called Keith Marsh

Odin

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Huddersfield
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 08:55:04 pm »
Like it . That is how this country should be, the old farmer is even wearing his tie, thats how all the old chaps used to dress.
If you look closely at the picture it shows the belt coming from the PTO, through 90 degrees to the spoked wheel, a very long belt.  :)   :trophy:
A son of the soil .

robert waddell

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 09:02:37 pm »
not to sure on the belt drive       it would wear out but i have a leaflet  i will check :farmer:

robert waddell

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 10:22:27 pm »
just checked  i don't have a leaflet on the wuffler have them on there balers and the bamford wizzler  but if the artist missed out the pulley wheels for the drive belt  he may be missed out some vital part on the fordson getting winched through the ford :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS