Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Escape to the country, my goats.  (Read 12018 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Escape to the country, my goats.
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 12:02:10 pm »
I didn't get to meet any of the presenters  :(  I believe its Alasdair presenting this show too, would have loved to have met him!!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 12:41:45 pm »
Ooooo....will set the recorder thingy up ready.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 09:38:38 am »
I am so excited as I have just watched the section with Plums in it.  You were great!  It was so lovely to see your gorgeous goats, and also to visualize your soap making set up.  I found it fascinating.  Well done you.  Hope it gets you more business and don't forget to mention the programme everywhere you go!  And of course, it's so nice to put a face to a name.  :wave:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 09:51:16 am »
I suddenly remembered yesterday afternoon .....so downed tools and put my laptop on to watch!!

It was so nice to "see" you and your lovely goats - and also see your soaps too.  I am sure people watching will be looking on the internet to find your soap making business, bringing in new customers for you.

princesspiggy

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 09:51:34 am »
well done, it was really good.  :love: :love: :wave:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 10:14:14 am »
Plums,
I saw it too and thought you were very good and quite natural.  Well done.
Sally  :thumbsup:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 11:09:01 am »
Just caught up on iplayer - you looked super and so nice to see Savanna after reading about her - well done
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

salopman

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 11:30:24 am »
Lisa - you were very natural and not a bit affected by the cameras - the goats behaved well too didnt they lol
Reggie certainly looks smart - and Savannah she looked lovely too- meant to ask you saw the milking stand again in the field - do you milk in all weathers ??? outside

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 11:48:54 am »
Thank you for your lovely comments!

I do milk outside, all seasons/weathers  :) there always seems to be a quick enough break in the weather for me to dash out and do it - luckily only milking once a day now and I can only remember once getting drenched over the last year so its not too bad! one day I'll have a cover over it though, just finding the time!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 08:08:39 pm »
love Reggie and his purple toes!
my o/h says "hi" and the "goats are gorgeous!" (not like him at all, you've made quite an impression! ;) )
Little Blue

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 08:38:23 pm »
I watched it last night on iplayer (don't have TV) and thought you looked as if you'd often been on TV you were so natural.  I think I'm in love with Savannah.   :love:  She's gorgeous.  :goat:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2011, 07:26:04 am »
Just watched it on iPlayer too. You were excellent Lisa and your goats are lovely  :thumbsup:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 08:37:19 am »
I knew I wouldn't be able to guarantee being in at 3pm and had a visit to my Mum lined up, so called her and asked her to record it!  We all watched it last night, after I had given her the goats' milk bath salts I had brought for her and thought you, your goats and your kitchen and soap-making all looked lovely.  :)  Savannah is beautiful and behaved so well!  And the soaps looked good enough to eat!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 09:43:42 am »
the only one i can find on iplayer is series 12, episode 8 - is that the right one?  think its called Rutland?

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 10:38:58 am »
BBC iPlayer - Escape to the Country: Series 12: Worcestershire

this is the link egglady  :)

Thank you for your lovely comments!  Little blue - say "hi" back to Mr Blue  :wave:   :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS