Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's on your knitting needles at the moment ?  (Read 34924 times)

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
Re: What's on your knitting needles at the moment ?
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2011, 11:09:18 am »
Depending on the yarn most of my knitted stuff washes in the machine on a cool gentle wash and easily threw on the line and stretched back into shape after dry. I have tried washing smaller versions and they are fine I would actually say better after a wash.
The only thing I ask to be hand washed or dry cleaned is items from handspun wools.
I always pop a note in with simple washing instructions but it is common sense with wooolens.
My large items I sometimes pop to the laundrette as there machines are just larger and give a good wash and normally take my quilts ect at the same time once a year.
I think if you spend a couple of hundred pounds on a handmade item you do naturally take a little bit more care when cleaning.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2011, 09:04:01 pm »
The pair I use for the lap rugs are 50cms so they sound good but I no longer knit with metal needles as they are too harsh on my hands for the amount of knitting I do, bamboo or wood is a much better knitting experience.
I have just ordered a new pair that will be 1m long (I have them made for me) so I can knit some blankets for kingsize beds that have been requested

Thanks for the advice. Ellisr. 

SmallTimeSmallholder

• Joined Dec 2011
  • South East
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2011, 11:51:08 pm »
Hi Girls (re crochet hat)
think he'll wear it OK, only moan so far is that his head's getting cold!  :o
STS

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS