Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's on your knitting needles at the moment ?  (Read 34928 times)

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
Re: What's on your knitting needles at the moment ?
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2011, 09:09:53 am »
I will do just have to sell some stuff to afford the yarn as it will be nigh on £100 just for that.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2011, 09:10:48 am »
But I am sure it will be worth every penny once completed. 
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2011, 10:17:41 am »
I've got about 6 cones of 2ply blue wool - different shades......what do you reckon ellisr ?    What could I do with it thats going to use it up in a useful way  ;D ;D :wave:
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2011, 10:27:27 am »
I would probably knit them together on an 6mm/8mm needle in moss stitch and make an infinity cowl for winter, or knit a rectangle big enough to wrap around your neck and overlap a bit add 1/2 buttons and crochet loops and you have yourself a practical modern cowl.

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2011, 11:11:35 am »
I would probably knit them together on an 6mm/8mm needle in moss stitch and make an infinity cowl for winter, or knit a rectangle big enough to wrap around your neck and overlap a bit add 1/2 buttons and crochet loops and you have yourself a practical modern cowl.

Cool  :thumbsup:  Knew you'd come up with a suggestion.   Will give it a go.........................when I've finished the socks  ::)  :wave:
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2011, 11:34:05 am »
good luck and enjoy, if you have any problems just PM me I'll be glad to help if I can

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2011, 09:54:37 pm »

MGM,
If all goes well I am moving to Camarthenshire.  I might have to move out and move in in 2 stages though.  The sale of my house will probably go through about 2nd week of Jan but don't think we will have completed the purchase by then so will need to find something to rent for a couple of weeks.

Sally

Bit far.  I was going to say you were welcome to pop round to mine for knit and chat

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2011, 10:17:11 pm »
good luck and enjoy, if you have any problems just PM me I'll be glad to help if I can

Awwww...thanks Pal  :thumbsup:
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

SmallTimeSmallholder

• Joined Dec 2011
  • South East
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2011, 11:35:10 pm »
I am also a multiple knitter. I'm currently making socks, a jumper for a 4 year old, jumper for my 2 year old, a pair of mittens for myself and have just finished a jumper for my 1 year old. Love knitting  :thumbsup: Oh, and also attempting to crochet my husband a hat, but have got stuck with a decrease in a half treble  ???

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2011, 07:52:29 am »
STS,
How does your husband feel about a crochet hat?  I think I would have a job getting my OH into anything like that.
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #115 on: December 09, 2011, 08:02:25 am »
BH used to wear one until I and another friend queried whether that was really his hat...  ;)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2011, 07:07:08 pm »
I am just knitting another lap rug and have a one I knit yesterday on my lap what a difference it makes in this cold weather

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2011, 12:52:53 am »
I must get some big needles.  Some on ebay at £12 a pair.  Polished wood.  Have also seen some hollow alluminium ones advertised.  Do you think 24 inches long is enough?

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2011, 10:27:11 am »
The pair I use for the lap rugs are 50cms so they sound good but I no longer knit with metal needles as they are too harsh on my hands for the amount of knitting I do, bamboo or wood is a much better knitting experience.
I have just ordered a new pair that will be 1m long (I have them made for me) so I can knit some blankets for kingsize beds that have been requested

Rich/Jan

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2011, 11:02:22 am »
ooh-er - kingsize bed blankets - will they fit in a washing machine?  Hand washing would be a chore - I'd hate it if they shrunk after all that hard work - maybe they will be dry-cleanable.  Are you offering washing/cleaning instructions ??? ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS