Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: eAML2  (Read 61889 times)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
eAML2
« on: September 22, 2011, 12:28:19 pm »
The postman just brought me an information pack about eAML2 ELECTRONIC MOVEMENT LICENCING..
It is supposed to make form filling a thing of the past if you are sending pigs to slaughter.

1/ go to  www.eaml2.org.uk to set up your movement including FCI information.

2/ load pigs.

3/ Confirm the movement online or by text from your mobile

this is just farm to abattoir at the moment

coming soon -    farm to farm/ market/ show/ collection centre/ import/ export

FSA carcase reports automatically e-mailed to you.

this is to replace the paper forms by 2012

apparently.

ps . just read that you still have to fill in a hauliers sheet.!!!       so what exactly are we going to save ???
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:40:30 pm by tizaala »

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
Re: eAML2
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 12:47:57 pm »
Our abattoir isn't electronic yet, so still filling in the old forms.

Great idea though......If they can get the hauliers part organised too!!

Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 03:29:48 pm »
Is there a way of checking which abattoirs are registered yet?? ???   Can't see anything on the website  ::)
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 03:59:18 pm »
Our abattoir isn't electronic yet, so still filling in the old forms.

Great idea though......If they can get the hauliers part organised too!!

I don't know about the abattoir, I'm not electronic yet :o :o

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 04:19:05 pm »
 :) :) :) :)

I'm registered with BPEX and input my FCI online.  When you get to the question about which abattoir you are using there is a list of all the abattoirs and it says whether they are on the electronic system....or not.

Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 07:19:39 pm »
we do e-aml for our abatoir, but the lairage man insists we take 2 paper copies of the form for him, so in effcet we do an electronioc, and then print three copies anyway, one for us as transporter.

Farm to farm is going to be interesting for those who don't live on site.  Customer phones and says might want two weaners - can they come over and look.
Do you
a) fill in an aml2 on spec that they will buy two before you go to site? what happens if they don't buy? what happens if they then buy 3?
b) see if they buy, and then come back, if so what paperwork do they carry?

Seems to be a recipe for making the system worse not better, but will wait until someone produces the rules
www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

Tiva Diva

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Scottish Borders
    • Thornielee Cottage
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 09:17:55 am »
Is this just in England and Wales or does it apply to Scotland too?

robert waddell

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 09:33:26 am »
it is being rolled out across the country        all entrants to newbery show tried it to locate the flaws :farmer:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 09:40:37 am »
Got mine too yesterday and while i understand about doing the one going to slaughter, i rang to have clarified the bit about that between Oct 11 & April 12 all AML's should be sent to the MB place, did this mean we don't send any movements at all to trading satndards? they didn't know answer still waiting for them to ring back ::)
I have weaners to go off on 1st october so do i send the paperwork or do the people buying them and if so where do we send them. i then have my boar due to come back in, does the breeder who borrowed him notify or me when i get him back. Think they've opened up a right can of worms. I for one will continue to run a paper version alongside any electronic i do and any transactions other than slaughter will be sending copies to both TS & this MB place until someone tells me otherwise.
Help................ aghhhh..... redtape  >:( ??? ::)
Totally confused Mandy  :pig:

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 12:04:10 pm »
Mandy,

Do let us know what they come back with !

Robert - were there any flaws that you know of?

Whilst we have PC on site, for many I can see this leading to confusion, delay and non-conformance.

And of course PC's are ALWAYS working, IE never crashes, emails NEVER get lost, everyone knows EXACTLY what to do, NO-ONE is PC illiterate - and don't mention that we can phone them in - imagine dictating the stuff needed on an AML2 over the phone, that'll mean that mistakes are never made, oh and of course everyone has a landline at their site, and mobiles are always charged, never left at home by mistake, signals in countryside are always strong......

What happens if i am going to a show and my PC won't start at 6am - will the ever friendly TS staff at teh show accept my livestock, or will it be my fault.

Robert - who did the return AMLs at newbury - do people holding shows need to have PC's on site?

Am by no means a ludite - but the benefits are TS staff not needing to type this stuff into there system, none for us as users.

www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 01:46:17 pm »
The average age of a Welsh hill farmer is now somewhere in the mid 60's , have a look round at the market and you will see for yourselves , how many of these are not computer litterate or even own one, or have ever used one. How the hell do they get up to speed by next year?.    answers on a postcard to..................

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 02:49:23 pm »
Maybe that's why they're starting with pigs, tizaala.  Not so many pigs on the Welsh hill farms...

The average age of hill farmers across England and Wales is about 59 now, I think, and goes up by one each year.  Which suggests to most of us that not many are coming into the profession...
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

robert waddell

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 03:23:03 pm »
oaklands it was when we were at hatfield all competitors were asked if they were going to newbury
as this was going to be the tester      don't know what happened if there were flaws hickups or arguments

it may surprise you how many pigs farms are in the welsh hills :farmer:

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 07:25:39 pm »
Robert - thanks

Anyone who gets a handle on how this all works  - please let us know !!

www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 07:23:56 pm »
I got an email from the BPA before the Hatfield House Country Show, asking me to take part in a trial, because they wanted to carry out an experiment with exhibitors attending both Hatfield and the Royal County of Berkshire Show (held at Newbury). I said I'd be happy to take part, but no-one bothered to tell me there was a meeting at Hatfield about it, so I'm still as much in the dark as everyone else. If the BPA wants cooperation, it needs to be a bit more proactive and inclusive.
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS