Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Who Has Snow?  (Read 20042 times)

Rhyan & Melissa

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Lincolnshire
Who Has Snow?
« on: February 02, 2009, 06:26:56 am »
Morning!

We woke up to a fair dusting this morning. Melissa has to stay home because all trains to London have be cancelled and London has ground to a standstill (gotta love England - can't cope with any weather!!).

So we are in Lincs and have maybe 10cm.

What have you woken up to?

Rhyan & Melissa

Pea Pod Burgundy Ltd

Blog:      www.peapodburgundy.blogspot.com/
Twitter:   www.twitter.com/peapodburgundy
Web:      www.peapodburgundy.co.uk

You can also find us on Facebook and Myspace!

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
Re: Who Has Snow?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 07:42:38 am »
morning to you -

morning to everyone

40 miles up the road  we also have a healthy downfall

Its very exciting when it snows

I,m like a child when it arrives

Its great if you dont have to be somewhere in a hurry.

My snowman is bigger  than your snowman hehehehe

wheres those carrots  ;D

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 07:45:34 am »
Ive just seen that the normal roads in  yorkshire are closed -i love marsden area near huddersfield and the snakepass across the a628 to holmfirth and manchester. For those not familiar to the  area these are such beautiful  areas. They always have there roads closed at the  hint of any bad weather and thats the case this morning. Holmfirth (home of last of the summer wine) reached  from these roads -Im sure it must be incredibly beautiful there this morning.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 09:14:23 am »
We've had some - a fair dusting, I think. But the sun is out, the sky is blue, there's not a cloud... Actually there are clouds over the hills so I suspect there's more to come.

sandy

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 09:26:02 am »
The roads and the garden have a covering and my partner has gone off to Glasgow on his bike!!! The sun is out so some good photo oppertunities, I have never built a snowman, I give up as I get too cold, you realy need little people around to help as they will stay out until they get Hypothermia...

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 09:45:08 am »
A fair dusting up here in Fife, too. Not enough for a snow man yet! It's on and off, but fairly cold. If there's more to come we better get the car out of the drive or we'll be stuck. Good to know the freezer is stocked up, let's just hope the power stays with us, so we can cook something!

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 10:03:19 am »
we have snow down here in the south east! im like a little kid when it snows!! am going to my friends tonight so i can make a snowman with her 6 year old as none of my friends will come 'play' in the snow with me! i did manage to force the other half out for a countryside walk in it yesterday tho!!  all that has to happen now to make my day complete is an early closure of the office!! ;D

BadgerFace

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Sussex
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 10:32:14 am »
We have about 7" here in East Sussex, with a bit of drifting. Started yesterday afternoon, and continued through the night. All schools are closed  ::) roads are chaos, not that i've been out. The only tracks on our lane are where I've led the horse's out  ;D and mine and the dogs footprints. Not had this much snow for 12 years,  it's still falling and more is forecast. Now where did I put that sledge  8)
Breeder of Pedigree Torddu Badger Face Welsh Mountain Sheep & Anglo Nubian Goats

The Chicken Lady

• Joined Mar 2008
  • Cheshire
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 11:23:59 am »
We have snow in Cheshire and still falling. Managed to get out in 4X4 as we live on a track much to the disgust of the children  ;D I don't know if I will manage it tomorrow as the forcast is for much more and our lane gets worse the more that vehicles drive over it. We are suppost to have an oil delivery on Wednesday but I can't see that happening. Still, we are prepared - well stocked with animal and human food as well as fuel.
Karen

HappyHippy

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 01:22:49 pm »
I'm most upset cause we've hardly got any !  :-[

About 2inches, but all the roads are clear and it's business as usual.
I'm hoping for lots more today and overnight so I've got a valid reason for not having to go to work !  ;D  and stay home building snowmen with the kids.

Do feel sorry for all the people who aren't used to it and having so many problems, but to someone who has grown up with bad winters (here in Lanark and up in Fyvie, Aberdeen) it is slightly amusing to watch all the chaos down south.

Karen

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 01:24:57 pm »
I woke up to a very pretty garden!  But it meant that I can't get the car up the slope on our lane to go shopping in Stirling with my daughter. ::) ::)  She says the forecast is heavy rain tomorrow then heavy snow on Wednesday - Hmm, not sure I believe that!  Just off out to play snow fights with the little dogs, big girl has had her walk through the fields.

Found this weather site - looks fairly accurate
http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/Scotland/Dunfermline.htm
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 01:37:57 pm by doganjo »
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

VSS

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Pen Llyn
    • Viable Self Sufficiency.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 01:42:17 pm »
Just a bit is icing sugar here. Snowing now though.
The SHEEP Book for Smallholders
Available from the Good Life Press

www.viableselfsufficiency.co.uk

rustyme

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 02:24:30 pm »
although a bit cold , there is absolutely no snow here at all. It is meant to be on it's way to us though !!!! oh how I hate snow......2.5 mile walk (each way) in whatever falls , so could do without any ....but it doesn't look good...lol . With luck , it will only be around a day or so ...fingers crossed .....roll on spring

Russ

rustyme

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 02:43:38 pm »
bugger.......it has just started !!!!!  I spoke to soon.   Very fine stuff at the mo. Everything is frozen , so it will settle . Oh well , fun walk tomorrow.

Russ  ;D :D ::)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 03:44:10 pm »
as am a couple of miles from sandra, anne and rosemarry about the same weather lol
Not ventured out as i don't want to fall over and hurt stomach which i normally have a habbit of doing but i have been doing some jobs in the house  also tryng to finishes the baby banket that i started last october for sister. Hubby has been puttng curtain rails i up in our bedroom, oh well only been in the house 3 years lol
btw i think it's gona be a cold night tonight

Linz

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS