Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Who Has Snow?  (Read 20167 times)

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
Re: Who Has Snow?
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 09:23:12 am »
hehehe - he had no way of breathing - he is a complete horror but beautiful cat - named him bullitt - hes so fast up the stairs in two leaps - he is in control of the 5 year old 50 kilo german shepherd- he attacks the dog all day long - swings on his tail-claws his face - pushes off the chair when he wants to sit and to humans people say - aww what a pretty beautiful cat?? no not at all -move you hand and he runs and claws and bites yah arm -i have never known a cat like this - 5 months and completly out of control. Love him of course but i wish he would quieten down -maybe when hes had the snip- his mother ran away apperently and  endedup preg to a wild cat - guess thats what its all about - ----
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 08:17:21 am by lordlonk »

Rumpleteazer

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 12:09:59 pm »
In our corner of Lincolnshire we had quite a bit of snow on Monday but most of it has melted now. Still darn cold though! The chickens and goats are not impressed and are staying in their respective houses mostly. Even our (supposedly) feral cats have been huddled in the utility room rather than be outside - they should be out doing what we keep them for, catching mice and rats! More snow forecast this week, but I haven't checked if it is going to hit us here.

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 12:28:09 pm »
hehe- im sure no mice or rats or anything would have a chance on earth if this little horror bag of a cats was released into the big wide world - i think he would just run and run to be honest and not return. Its so tempting to let him out hehe - butter would not melt in his mouth and he lays here strectched out on the sofa . prepare to be sucked into hisconfidence not ..... ;D

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 01:44:01 pm »
It's coming down heavily here in Fife, 2 hours earlier than predicted and it is supposedly staying like this for the next few days and over the weekend...it doesn't look like I'll be able to get into town to buy these fruit trees at Lidl - we can only hope the power stays on!

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2009, 08:18:21 am »
those fruit trees are excellent - were off today to get some - saw them last night  ;D

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2009, 08:20:43 am »
This morning is very tricky under foot -nearly went over a few times in a 5 minute walk - no chance taking the German shepherd for the walk today-if he sees another dog that would be it - would be on my posterior before you could say jack sparrow

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2009, 09:09:51 am »
I couldn't get out yesterday! I hope they still have some of the varieties left I was planning to get when I have gritted and shovelled the drive free hopefully this afternoon. I was hoping for the thaw, but it was so cold this morning, all the birds' water bowls have completely frozen solid - should have remembered to empty them last night lol

HappyHippy

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2009, 07:20:50 pm »
I'm still without snow  :-[ much to my disgust !
Normally, because we're so high (over 1000ft above sea level) at the mere mention of snow showers on high ground we get snowed in.
But this year it's just not happening ! I only have 1 more week at work before my maternity leave starts and I'm just soooo desperate to be able to phone my boss and say sorry I'll have to take the week off - I'm snowed in. But alas, it's just not to be - I guess there's just no rest for the wicked  ;)

Karen x

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2009, 07:44:24 pm »
No snow here either. Hard frost though.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2009, 09:29:46 pm »
I HATE snow - I am so glad I have moved down here - have you seen what Aberdeen is like today?  They're only allowed out in 4 x 4s!  Mind you they are mean enough to send it down her fro us!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2009, 09:42:36 pm »
we're at sea level here,...................infact the beach is only about 100 yards away  ;D  and who says it never snows by the coast  ;D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 09:50:16 pm by danndans »
Make your words soft and sweet, as one day you may have to eat them.

HappyHippy

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2009, 10:15:24 pm »
OOOooooo (stamping feet like a toddler!)
It's just not fair !!!!
I'm desperate for snow, send it ALL my way please  ;D

My friend's been texting my photos from Aberdeen all day of snowmen, sledging and just general snow merriment !
Even Danndans cows are even having more fun than me ! (On a serious note for a second - I hope they're ok and it's not causing you too many problems)

sandy

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2009, 10:18:11 pm »
I know, I guet saw photos of my daughter's and family in the deep snow having great fun!!!

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2009, 10:19:28 pm »
their all fine at the mo thanks  ;D  weve had 3 calves thru this snow, and their doing great ;)

Its just started snowing again about an hour ago ;D  ooooh snow man time in the morning i rek  :D
Make your words soft and sweet, as one day you may have to eat them.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2009, 10:23:33 pm »
Well, as you may know, Aberdeen is at the seaside too! And they are driving through 4ft snow drifts!  Just going to text my pal to see how they are.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS