Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Who Has Snow?  (Read 20159 times)

johnmac

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Perth
Re: Who Has Snow?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 04:53:27 pm »
Got about 4" at 4pm in Blairgowrie, Perthshire.... though we started the day with a mere inch. Living where you work does have it's drawbacks.... Couldn't claim the car was stuck, seeing as works a 20metre walk away!!  >:(

Heavy snow showers on and off, but from what I hear the worst is yet to come.....tonight and tomorrow.

Built my first snow man by 10am.... and the dog loves the snow...see below!

MrsJ

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 05:25:48 pm »
Love the pic johnmac!  We had a light dusting in Worcestershire this morning, and then gradually got more and more during the day - there's now about a couple of inches and we are forcast to get more tonight.  Temperature has struggled to get above freezing all day so I guess we will have icy roads tomorrow - deep joy!

sandy

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 06:22:20 pm »
Love the photo, I had an ALsation years ago, she was very sweet and worried over everything. I took my dog's to a local woods as I thought it a bit more sheltered and it was great to see the foot prints of things that had been there before, I also made some snow balls and threw them, my Lab was confused as they disapeared before she could return them!!!!!

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 06:29:06 pm »
Been wet and cold here today - snowed a few times but too wet to make any difference - I want totake the german shepherd for a nice along the riverside in the morning if we get a good covering overnight - Its on the cards so we see.

London does seem to been in chaos from the news - no buses or trains - Sounds like they have what many of us rural folks are use to all the time !! ;D

carole h

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 07:07:19 pm »
A reasonable covering here in Barton - I am lucky enough to be working at one of the schools that DIDN'T close ...so been coping with over-excited teenagers all day!!
Carole

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 09:03:29 pm »
kids sledging in the fields this afternoon fields behind the house, looks grim tomorrow with ice!

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 07:48:27 am »
Nothing this morning - wheres it all gone -Just a carrot on the ground which they dog just scoffed  ;D

sandy

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 08:32:17 am »
Yes, all gone here although last night was funny, I went out and bought some stuff for tea and a sardine treat for my chickens as it was cold, I then made our tea and went of to do some work and my partner said that the chikens had been in our main garden as there were foot prints everywhere,they are usulay in the top part of the garden but the gate must have swung loose.  I went out with my torch to find them huddled under a small plant so I tucked them back up in there hutch and run but it was funny to see where they had been, that's what I like about fresh snow, you can tell who walked on it before you, reminds me of my older brothers I SPY books :chook: :chook: :chook:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2009, 08:40:57 am »
It's not all gone here and our lane is still covered.  Should be going to Glasgow today but a bit wary in case it turns bad again as forecast, before I get home. Think I'll maybe call off till next week.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

pegusus pig

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Anglesey, North wales
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 03:26:18 pm »
we've got nothing at all, just the usuall brown mud!!! Think i'm more disapointed than the kids!!!

sandy

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 04:30:21 pm »
Why have I got such a BIG blank space?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 05:56:17 pm »
Don't know, I wondered if you had hit return a  few times - try modify button
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 06:36:21 pm »
eeek- the cats beenout in the snowfor the first time today - came back with a kit e kat tin stuck on his head - was a bit scary - had to give it a  big pull - it was wedged on - all head inside bless --

more snow thursday everyone !!!

sandy

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 07:44:24 pm »
That would have been a classic You Tube film or Photo, I had something similar a few years ago when I had a little Patterdale, I found him with his head stuck in a plastic container that did contain dog treats, he was all steamed up and he looked like a spaceman, Bless, made me more watchful over whats about, don't think my lab would get her head stuck, it's too big to get into anything.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 11:57:45 pm »
When Belle had her puppies in August I gave her a cream carton to lick while she was feeding her one week old babies. Went back 10 minutes later to find the bitch pup with her head firmly inside the carton with barely enough room for air to get in.  She took the hugest gulp of air when I pulled her out!  Won't do that again! :o

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS