Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: had some shocking news today  (Read 35613 times)

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
Re: had some shocking news today
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2011, 08:25:44 pm »
Hiya Faith  :wave:

Just got myself a new laptop - see my "Bitch broke my laptop!".  Another lump - I really feel for you both.  Hope the scan results went ok today.

Have just remembered I have a tartan scarf tucked away somewhere, will def be digging it out to wear for your big day.  What are you doing about flowers?
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

McRoxy

« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2011, 01:11:16 pm »
Hello there everyone. Yes it's Faith's OH again.

Faith took a really bad knock yesterday when she saw my tumor on the MRI scan. Its about the size of an apple at the back and right side of my soft palate extending down the throat and into the neck. Our Consultants had a good long discussion re surgery against Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.

The surgery route at the moment would end up removing a significant amount of clean tissue along with the tumor and would need to be followed up with radiotherapy. There would be physical problems with swallowing and talking and possible permanent disfigurement due to the way they would gain access to the tumor.

The Chemoradiotherapy route would require four weeks of daily treatment Monday to Friday and home for weekends. Although the shots last for about 15 minutes there are various side effects that may or may not become apparent. There may be issues about isolation too. Physically the same issues regarding swallowing and talking remain. There is a hope that this therapy could reduce the tumor size and allow for surgery to be conducted later.

There are other issues logistically regarding whether I travel the 60 miles to the hospital and the same back each day as opposed to staying there which will be put into the melting pot for discussion.

So tomorrow when we see the Radiotherapy Consultant we have a lot to clarify and plan for notwithstanding the Wedding! Sounds like you are all going to enjoy our day wherever you are. I am very proud of Faith as you will probably already know and could not ask for a more supportive and strong person to help me through this difficult time. No doubt there will be others that are sure to come our way in the future but I am even more proud because she has put herself out of the limelight with regards to her ruptured disc and sciatica attacks which were the focus of our life until the beginning of this month. She has been a tower of strength and has pushed through her own problems to help me with mine, unselfishly. I cannot tell you how what that begins to mean to me. I think she is wonderful and that together we shall pull through all of this and be so much stronger afterwards.

Once again thank you so much for all your time, kind thoughts and support. Together we shall all beat this. Please stay in touch and keep an eye out for our updates on this thread.

Faith and McRoxy.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2011, 04:13:55 pm »
Whatever you decide, I hope it will all go really well.  Our thoughts are with you.

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2011, 04:20:24 pm »
Hiya,

Fish sounds a wonderful idea, i have not thought about that, thank you, will add it to our list.

I had not even thought about flowers until my sister in law mentioned them, im not really a flower person, i love picking some from the garden in the summer, but that is about it, i said, if i fancy flowers i will go to te*** on the monday morning a get some daffodils, that will do, i do like daffodils they are such happy looking flowers  ::),

Her reply was leave it to me  ::), and she is doing the cake, she has hinted that the cake and flowers will match, and the cake will have daffodils decorated round it, so daffodils it is i think,

I would like some sweet william, but i think it might be a wee bit early, just in memory of my sweet little dartmoor pony, "william". might see if i can find any at any of the local florists,

Yesterday was so hard, im feeling very battered and bruised today, im so glad we have got a day at home today, just to chill and regroup and refocus, before the next meeting tomorrow, one way to look at it is

We are very lucky, we came out of the consultants meeting yesterday with 3 options, if they can be called that

1- leave it alone, that gives us 3 months

2- the operation, which would probably leave no real quality of life,

3- the combined chemo/radiotherapy which again has it possible problems some which could be permanent,  but the risk is lower with this option.

Some folk walk out of that room with only one option ( number 1), which isnt really an option if that makes any sense ???

So we are lucky, i dont think tomorrow will be as hard as yesterday, but its so so draining, but we are all ok, and im still keeping the positive mood going in the house,

We will take this on 100% and beat this 100%,

I described it to my other half yesterday its as if i feel there is another woman her name is C trying to take my fella away from me, there is not room in this relationship for the 3 of us, but it wont be me thats leaving, i will fight C all the way to keep my fella, im not one to give up and walk away  :wave:  

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2011, 04:39:12 pm »
Hiya Faith  :wave:

Glad to see that McRoxy seems to be keeping his spirits up too after this awful shock.  Let him look after you too.  It must be so difficult for you both deciding which option to go for, only the both of you know which is the best - you just tell that Ms C to go away & leave your man alone Faith!

The daffodil theme sounds great - I love them, they are the sign of spring & new life.

Stay strong  :bouquet:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2011, 06:13:44 pm »
I've just uncovered a tartan dressing gown that I bought years ago because it looked slim ::) I will wear this whilst playing the pipes on your day. God be with you both, Sylvia.

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2011, 07:26:04 pm »
You are both so incredible.

I was desperately thinking what do I have that's tartan and thankfully have found my scarf, and I'll sit in my chair that is a tartan wool!

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2011, 09:21:34 pm »
SLYVIA i love the pipes i can listen to them all day, there is something very special about them, we have a teenager playing them for us on the day, i cant wait, THANK YOU for playing yours.

I have ordered the wedding cakes today, 2 10" round ICE CREAM  cakes, one will be lemon meringue flavour and the other is millionaire shortbread, yum yum yum

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2011, 09:23:12 pm »
I was the first bride to ever have an Ice Cream wedding cake in Scotland - my grandfather was an ice cream manufacturer.  No point in buying favour boxes then ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2011, 10:48:38 pm »
gosh that is brilliant, i love ice cream, i could live on the stuff, mmmmmmm

oh i dont know, it might be worth doing the favour boxes for the laugh  ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2011, 10:51:03 pm »
He he - don't think the Posties would like it much!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2011, 07:32:09 am »
Keep smiling, keep planning, live for today and tomorrow is a bonus for everyone.  (quoting my Grandmother)

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2011, 06:35:20 pm »
Still hunting some tartan.....I will prevail  :)

Still thinking of you guys and sending healing vibes.

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2011, 11:01:20 pm »
I like tartan, and have a tartan scarf!

I am full of admiration for the way you are both facing this.  If its down to determination, you will beat it.  Love the idea of an ice cream cake - ooh, can just see myself eating some lovely ice cream cake, and millionares shortbread and lemon meringue are two of my favourites.

Elissian

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2011, 05:06:21 pm »
Love is the ultimate gift and you two have it in spades! How lovely that you have found each other. I don't have any words of wisdom but i hope that being able to write your feelings down is helping you both through this horrendous time, thinking of you, Helen.
Oh yes and i vote for kedgeree, yummy and how about vases of pussy willow and hazel catkins so simple but very beautiful.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS