Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: had some shocking news today  (Read 35482 times)

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
Re: had some shocking news today
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2011, 09:08:04 pm »
Hi everyone had a couple of days, to try to surface after the week we have had, we are worn out,

We had a positive day at the hospital on friday, my OH has decided to go for the combined chemo/radiotherapy, we met the radiotherapy team and the chemo team on friday, and had everything explained to us,

It is going to take 4 weeks, of intensive and high dosage chemo and radiotherapy, OH is staying at the hospital during that time so they can keep an eye on him, he will be allowed home at week ends and for the wedding if he behaves himself ::) the hospital have also said they will provide transport to take him  there and bring him home since i cant drive that distance at the moment.

This all starts on tuesday, he is being picked up tuesday afternoon and the treatment starts on wednesday, he will be home on friday and then he goes back on the tuesday after the wedding.

The consultants attitude is he is going to hit this cancer hard and fast and his objective is to KILL it. so everything is crossed that that is the case.

We have sent the last 2 days chilling at home and spending time with the animals, plus sorting last minute things out for the wedding.

OH is ready for going back to hospital, he is very positive, and ready to fight this.

Thank you for your support and your wonderful ideas and things that you are going to do on our wedding day, you are all stars  :bouquet: 

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2011, 09:20:09 pm »
hope it all goes ok, it must be so, so hard for you all.
  don't wear yourself out Faith, keep strong
:) 
Little Blue

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2011, 09:54:57 pm »
Glad to hear you've both had a good weekend Faith  :)  You just get that Ms C outta your lives.

Hope all the plans for the Big Day are going well  :bouquet:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2011, 10:22:00 pm »
You two go get it Faith Ms C needs a can of whoop ass opened on her! Thinking of you all you can and will beat this go get em.  ;D

Sandy

« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2011, 10:40:45 pm »
Sounds very positive to me!!!!! Treat it like a campaign and you will be on the winning side!!!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2011, 10:40:55 pm »
Sending lots of good vibes your way - you are both sounding positive about this.  Will be thinking about you and hoping all is going well.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2011, 06:34:11 am »
Good on you both - and your medical support, who sound great. Hugs to you both.

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2011, 07:15:01 am »
hi faith and OH
sorry to hear your news and that i have been late in offering my  :bouquet:
i have just made a last minute trip to austrailia to see my mum who has just been diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer. (hopefully she'll be able to have chemo.... fingers crossed)
i think you are both extremly brave and my thoughts and hopes are with you both. i found it exhausting living the scenario for 2 weeks so you both must be in a bit of a dream state- well nightmare.
a friend had mouth cancer diagnosed after a routine trip to the dentist and is now doing ok so hopefully you can have the same outcome :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet:
hope you have a fab wedding and i'll also be wearing tartan in support for you both :)
hope, love and support to you both
Mx

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2011, 07:41:58 am »
MANIAN,     so sorry to hear your news about your mum, will keep everything crossed for you and her, please let us know how she gets on, the C word is scary and turns your life upside down and in side out, but i think you have got to stay focused on getting a positive end result or it would tip you over the edge.

I cant begin to imagine how you are feeling having your mum all those miles away, i struggle when my OH goes to stay in hospital, prefer him at home, even though i know he is in the best place.

Thank you for your kind words, please keep strong and feel free to express yourself on here, we can all get through this together  :bouquet: :bouquet: :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS